Lybia N-E available (alpha version)

The Tobruk map is ready for a large scale test Big Grin

you can find it here:

http://files.filefront.com/Lybia+N+E+A1 ... einfo.html

Please, if any bug is found, make a comment! It helps the creator! Big Grin

Map working only in perfect mode with the 4.09b modded.
No external textures added, only stock 4.09b textures used.
Work on the map isn't finished yet, there are some details to add/change.

thanks.

only in perfect

so no1 with exlent can use it correct?

the coast beeing extremely tortured, if you use the landscape detail in excellent mode, you'll have "stairs effect" on the coast, couldn't resolve this pb.

If you have a 6600gt or higher, put the landscape in perfect, there are no pb's, the CG will work perfectly if you don't put the water on3 or 4 :wink:

d/l it now ..... feedback soon

cheers
z

fly_zo Wrote:d/l it now ..... feedback soon

cheers
z
+1

btw, i see you are using: tob2_ as prefix ..... is that it? can i add that to the authors list ?

cheers
Z

tob2 is actually for "tobruk second version" Big Grin

those will be changed in the final version.

if you want the prefix, use the JV instead :wink: thanks.

JV69_BADA Wrote:tob2 is actually for "tobruk second version" Big Grin

those will be changed in the final version.

if you want the prefix, use the JV instead :wink: thanks.

:lol: .... prefix is mandatory ... cos of possible overlapping mods , so choose one for final release

now , map business ....

loaded ok .... saving missions ok ..... love what you did with airports Big Grin

one glitch i did found .... AL 17 , do try to lower ground here ...

[Image: bada_error.jpg]

regards
Z

strange, i don' thave that bug :?
anyway, i've flatten the ground , it should be better.

Yes, the airfields are "blind-ones" like on the MTO map for the most part, but most of them are160m wide, it's just a question of keeping the course when taking off.
A full read me with airfields explanations should be provided with the final version.

cool .....

i like fenced one near Tobruk Big Grin

cheers
Z

Great map. I really like the coastline. And airfields too. Something different.
Kapteeni

Hello,

Very very nice map!!!!! Big Grin
Great Job!!!!

[Image: 361.jpg]
[Image: 332.jpg]

Thank you!!!

Regards,

Zsolt

Very nice and nicely populated map, thanks! Big Grin

Bug:Some spots on the coast are with raised water (spotted some west of Tobruk)
Suggestion: more fortifications around Tobruk (we know the place was very very strongly fortified).

Yes, indeed lowfighter, after fly told about the bug he found, i rechecked the coast from 0altitude and indeed found some "higher" water spots. it should be ok for the next release.

Skunkmeister from the slot-team told me there was a new version of the map_C tool, will try it and maybe the stairs effect in excellent mode will disappear! Big Grin i hope so! ..was still using the first version of the tool :oops:

Edit: tearing or "stairs effect" solved! now have to rework the coast, in excellent mode there are some beach textures going into the water. :roll:
Next release in two weeks, be sure :twisted:

Thanks again Skunkmeister!

Re-Edit: Lowfighter: about the tobruk fortifications, i couldn't find any map of where those fortifications were, maraz and someone else (sorry forgot who it was ,it was a long time ago:oops: ) provided a nice map and a very nice recco picture of the tobruk bay but nothing about the fortifications. so if anyone has some info about it, please, don't be shy :wink:

Very ggod work!!!

JV69_BADA Wrote:Re-Edit: Lowfighter: about the tobruk fortifications, i couldn't find any map of where those fortifications were, maraz and someone else (sorry forgot who it was ,it was a long time ago:oops: ) provided a nice map and a very nice recco picture of the tobruk bay but nothing about the fortifications. so if anyone has some info about it, please, don't be shy :wink:

Here is a picture of Tobruk showingthe position of two of the forts (Forte Pilastrino, Forte Solaro).

[Image: Tobruk_fall_1942.png]

For other pictures about forts and batteries of Tobruk... you have a PM!
Maraz