New Propellor Textures

Hi to all!

These are new more visible propeller texture for you.
Textures are original, i only changed the alpha channel.

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... cs&thumb=4
[Image: 97594534353c97420df790168057b3c92g.jpg]
Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1xnxyhy9jsx

I am Sorry Sad for some mistakes in my post readme file before, now it's corrected and uploaded again
with installation instructions.

Installation:

They go to x:\program\Ubisoft\Il-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\My3do\3do\plane\Textures

There x is your hard drive.

1.Inside your MODS folder create a folder call it whatever you want, for example I call it
My3do (it's optional).

2. create other folders in order that they comes.

3. Observe that the folder names 3do, plane and Textures are not optional, they should
have those names as the game demands it, put all new propeller textures inside this Textures folder.

and you are done.

Looks good but I don't understand your install instructions. :?
Do you just put the file in MODS folder,or extract the textures and put them somewhere,or something else?

Uther Wrote:Looks good but I don't understand your install instructions. :?
Do you just put the file in MODS folder,or extract the textures and put them somewhere,or something else?
He hath spoken that thou shall create the folder "My3do" (or call it whatever you want actually) in the MODS folder in your Il-2 root directory, then in that folder create a folder called "plane" and then in that plane folder create the folder "Texture" and put the files he uploaded (only the files, not the folder "vas_new_prop") in the Texture folder. Exactly in that order.

AHA Danke Klemm! Big Grin

How does the game know to look into MODS\My3do\plane\Texture to find this effect??? :?

Excuse me but I don't see any difference. Absolutely none.

I followed the instructions carefully and all is installed correctly. Maybe you could to enhance the propeller effect more?

Thank you for your mod mate.

VT-51_Razor Wrote:How does the game know to look into MODS\My3do\plane\Texture to find this effect??? :?

Sad The fault is mine correct patch is:

x:\program\Ubisoft\Il-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\My3do\3do\plane\Textures

create the patch put all new propeller textures inside this Textures folder.

I corrected my post too.

Wilhelm Heidkamp Wrote:Excuse me but I don't see any difference. Absolutely none.

I followed the instructions carefully and all is installed correctly. Maybe you could to enhance the propeller effect more?

Thank you for your mod mate.

Sad I am sorry!

The fault is mine correct patch is:

x:\program\Ubisoft\Il-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\My3do\3do\plane\Textures

create the patch put all new propeller textures inside this Textures folder.

I corrected my post and upploaded files again too.

Sad Sad

VT-51_Razor Wrote:How does the game know to look into MODS\My3do\plane\Texture to find this effect??? :?
C'mon, you should know how the current wrapper works. Judging from your post count, you don't seem to be new around here.
The modded il2fb.exe looks for the wrapper, which looks for a directory called "MODS". In there are many folders (depending on how much mods you have of course), and in those folders the file structure of the .sfs files of the game is recreated.
So the wrapper looks at the folders, takes whatever files are in there to load them before the original game files. And when it is done, it loads the rest of the original game files.
It loads the modded files in alphabetical order, so having duplicate files in the MODS folder can lead to conflicts, but much more likely to omissions.

Or did you mean that this path doesn't exist in the original .sfs files (as stuka_40 has now posted the correct path)?

THX tested it good addition

Potenz

I don't know JACK about how they work Klemm. I just know they do, and I enjoy them immensely! :lol: The folks that create these mods are truly talented.

VT-51_Razor Wrote:I don't know JACK about how they work Klemm. I just know they do, and I enjoy them immensely! :lol: The folks that create these mods are truly talented.

.... wrapper has been designed to load every file only once among various mods ( if same file is present in more than one folder it will load first one it can find and disregards the rest )

secondly it is designed to load files first from MODS folder ( alphabetically ) and then it loads from "Files" folder (but only files which it didn't "find" in MODS folder)

edit: forgot to mention .... only condition is : game file structure must be respected in first subfolder ( examp. MODS"new_propeller- or whatever you like "\3do\plane\texture\)

hope that explains it

@stuka_40 : fantastic mod ..... like it a lot Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

cheers
Z

Originally stuka_40 hath spoken incorrectly. And I was confused too VT-51_Razor.

stuka_40.......very nice.......Thanks!

Almost forgot... great mod stuka_40. Thanks.