Maps in the QMB..

Is it possible for us to add maps to the QMB (In addition to the ones we have) or is that something that the maker of QMB plus would have to do...

Use FC's QMB 2.1, and follow the instructions in the readme Wink

Bearcat Wrote:Is it possible for us to add maps to the QMB (In addition to the ones we have) or is that something that the maker of QMB plus would have to do...

yes, it is ....

1 add line for desired mp to conf.ini (following sequence number CustomX...)

[quick]
Custom0=NWEurope
Custom1=MTO
Custom2=Bessarabia
Custom3=Net5Summer
Custom4=Guadalcanal
Custom5=Sardinia
Custom6=Murmansk_Winter
Custom7=fly_Z_Britain_Autumn
Custom8=Midway
Custom9=The_Slot_1-44

2 create missions set ( for red and blue ....) and place them in Quick folder

thats it ....

btw, there is excellent addon available ( see how it is done ....) :

viewtopic.php?t=5664

cheers
Z

Sad I build a test mission using the English_Channel_1940 map and saved them with the names EnglishChannelBlueNone00.mis and EnglishChannelRedNone00.mis, but I keep getting the 'wrong target selected' message when I try to play a mission with this map in the QMB. I noticed that when saving the mission in the Quick folder, another two files 'EnglishChannelBlueNone00_ru' and 'EnglishChannelRedNone00_ru' are also saved in the Quick folder. I don't know if this has some effect. Other missions for the rest of the new maps I downloaded and installed seem to make the QMB work ok and they do not have the '***_ru' files.
I frankly do not know what I am doing wrong!

Regards,

JC

jcalonso, I'm sure what is wrong is purly syntax. it's case sensitive to start with, something that caused me grief to start with. Make sure you have added the correct entry to filelist.txt as well.

The ru files are not nessecary.

once again, check all capitals etc..

fruitbat

Thanks fruitbat.

I still keep trying without success. I noticed that, at some point, following one of the many advices given in this forum regarding QMB plus, I wrote the following text in "map-ru" file:

"English_Channel_1940 English Channel 1940"

As far as I understand, the purpose of this line is to define the way in which the name of the map will appear on the QMB screen (in this case "English Channel 1940"). What i am not sure is if this affects the way in which the map's name should be written in the "conf.ini" file and in the missions name (I have used the name English Channel 1940 as you can see for my previous post).

Regards,

JC

Correction:

Before I used the name "EnglishChannel" for conf,ini and mission names. Now I am using the name "English Channel 1940" Same results: "Wrong Target Selected"

JC

Scroll down to my second post, near the bottom, hope this explains.

viewtopic.php?t=5332&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=225

In this example, i called everything 'Channel'

So All three things have to relate to each other,

1) the mission names, ChannelBlueNone.mis

2) the entry into config.ini, Custom4=Channel

3) in filelist.txt, Missions/Quick/ChannelBlueNone00.mis

Dosen't have to be called Channel, but whatever you use there has to be the same on all of the other 3.

The .ru file is completely unessecary, it stores the briefing if you were making a dogfight, co-op or single mission. It has no bearing on this. What the map is displayed as, depends on your entry into the config.ini,

ie custom4=whatever

cheers fruitbat

Sorry fruitbat, I changed everything to "Channel" but I keep getting the "Wrong target selected" message. I am trying to dowload your missions but it seems a task beyond my capabilities to get something from filesfront.

Regards,

JC

PM me your email, and i will send them as an attachment to you,

fruitbat

Big Grin Hi fruitbat!

I was able to download your missions from filesfront and got Channel map working in QMB now!!!

Thanks for your help!

But I still can't figure out what i was doing wrong. Let's see if with the next map i get lucky.

Regards,

JC