[DOWNLOAD] Slot Campaign- 67th FS **UPDATE 14 Nov 08**

Cactus Cobras
A campaign for IL-2 1946 (modded with "The Slot" map)

**Update corrects bug in Mission 6**
The update will install over existing versions or as a new install.

This campaign is now ready for download. The download contains a Readme file, a campaign folder, and skin folders:

Click to download--> http://www.4shared.com/file/71519343/12 ... htmlCactus Cobras R-111408.zip

[Image: Title1.jpg]

The missions are primarily historical. Most are based on real events and occur in game on the day and time (when known) as they occurred in 1942. See the Readme for more information and installation instructions. This campaign is based on the Wings at War Series, No. 3: Pacific Counterblow , The 11th Bombardment Group And The 67th Fighter Squadron In The Battle For Guadalcanal, reprinted by the Center for Air Force History, Washington, D. C. 1992.

Prerequisites:

To run this campaign, you must have the Slot Map installed. This campaign uses the August 1942 and October 1942 maps. The campaign will not work with the standard IL-2 Guadalcanal map.

Credits:

Can't wait! 8) This looks Good! Always Love a Doggie PTO Campaign!

I will be very happy Dixiecapt if you enjoy this anywhere near as much as I have enjoyed your campaigns.

Some screen shots from the missions...

Attacking the invasion force at Tassafaronga
[Image: ScreenHunter_02Jul051826.gif]

The "Tojo Time" daily raid...
[Image: ScreenHunter_03Jul051826.gif]

Navigating Henderson field while it is under attack...
[Image: ScreenHunter_01Jul051825.gif]

Recon over Santa Isabel Island at dawn...
[Image: ScreenHunter_04Jul051826.gif]

Float plane returning to Rekata Bay base...
[Image: ScreenHunter_05Jul051827.gif]

Any news on a release date vonofterdingen? I do love to fly the Aircobra.

Looking forward to it..

Thanks for asking. I have completed all missions and have completed testing of the missions through Sept 42. I hope to release a week from today. I will post a notice here and probably put at M4T. I have had a lot of fun testing it so I think you all will enjoy.

Ok, I will not finish Sunday as planned. Though all missions of the campaign are "done" (there are 30 or so).the testing is taking longer than I estimated, and my cats are demanding more attention than I expected (including during the composition of this message). And oh yes, that pesky day job.

If anyone would like to preview or beta test, I will provide a link (pm for info).

I have the campaign and skin pack, but limited instructions at this point so please don't request access unless you have some familiarity with loading campaigns and skins. I do not have an installation program.

Thanks all.

Sweet Jebus Yes!

I'd Love to Play Test this IF it will help you! I've got a buddy of Mine coming over this weekend to help me work on VMF-213 Tour Two missions, but I know we'd love to hop in a 'cobra and tool around the lowwer Solomons. I can send you a word doc by monday telling what missions I played and what issues I found. If there is a certain number of missions (exp. 12-30) that you need tested just let me know and we could concentrate on those.

DixieCapt...

Please check your PMs. I am honored. I am a big fan of your missions.

Gawrsh! :oops:

[Image: Gomer_Pile_Surprise_Surprise.jpg]

Smile test report sent

Many thanks to Catahoulak9 and Dixiecapt for the test support. This is speeding things up a lot.

Hey, Catahoulak9, what kind of dog is that in your name icon?

That's Lucky, my old Bull Terrier. Goofy little bastard... small brain, large heart.

Catahoulak9 Wrote:Goofy little bastard... small brain, large heart.

HAHA! :lol:

Yes, big heart and small brain fits my dog pretty well too...actually, I guess it fits about every dog I have ever known.

Thanks to all for their remarkable restraint in not saying "this thread is going to the dogs."

==================================
The campaign begins with the 67th