BETA - Battle of France - Part 1 (4.09)

maybe this could help about that generated trees?

viewtopic.php?t=1371&start=0

especialy this post from vpmedia, and he is refering to LAL_Rone:

Quote:this info was posted in another topic by LAL_RONE:

Influence fps by turning off auto generated trees and playing with texture quality (examples in bold):

LowLand1 = land/summer/fields_midland_ian.tga,2
texture, 2 : the texture is zoomed. Quality is poor. Generated trees are absent.

LowLand1 = land/summer/fields_midland_ian.tga,-2
texture, -2 : the texture is unzoomed. Quality is very high. Generated trees are absent.

LowLand1 = land/summer/fields_midland_ian.tga
texture : the texture is normal. Quality is average. Generated trees are present.

Yes, I play on perfect, and it runs very very smoothly, except flying low over big towns but that's normal and to be expectedl. My pc is average to low or something
Cry
asheshouse Wrote:Zorin - no other reports of serious problems. Others have commented that they experience some FPS issues over the larger built up areas, but no worse than with the Slovakia map.

The map development is all being done on a low spec PC with low spec graphics capability.

Fred - thanks for the missions. Just downloaded them and will try them forthwith. I like the sense of space you get, flying over such open terrain. You know, realistic spaces between villages, grand horizons. Of course I'll be moaning about the very same things when I have to fly a long-distance mission over it.

I did know that this is not the first 1:1 map to be released. What I was trying to say was that this was the first one *announced* and now it's released. Not that that matters a damn, anyway.

Looking forward to the industrial areas and railway stations.

Forgotten village near forgotten lake, love them secluded places Big Grin

[Image: forgotenplace.jpg]

Please direct me to the download location for all the files with the sk_ prefix that are listed in
the ash_load.ini file.
Thx in advance
-auto

autopilot Wrote:Please direct me to the download location for all the files with the sk_ prefix that are listed in
the ash_load.ini file.
Thx in advance
-auto

sk files are really slovakia textures m8 .... comes with 4.09b1m game version

if you need them extracted , place this filelist.txt in sfs extractor folder and extract all mapxx.sfs files:

http://rapidshare.com/files/98815518/filelist.rar.html

cheers
Z

Oh! that's great thx Zo

Wow! Great job ash_. You put allot of work in
this map. I particularly noticed Dunkirk harbor.
I like the use of the Port Base Segments. Smile
After flying around enjoying the scenery it's
easy to see why the Germans used France as a
place their troops could relax and recuperate
from the real battle going on. On the Ost
front.Smile
-auto

Just played the missions ff and the map works fine with a fair amount of activity in a small area. Sedan looks great - haven't seen a town located like that in any other map. It really does look like a real place (as do the Slot and Valleta Harbour).
[Image: ashesblenvillage.jpg]
[Image: ashesblenlow.jpg]
[Image: ashesblensedan.jpg]
[Image: ashesblenlastsecs.jpg]
Note - I changed the Blenheims from USSR to GB and added in 109's, Battles etc etc- hope you don't mind :wink:

THANKS for this hard work you all do for us no go flayers it's about all I can do to install your work let alone do anything close to it and it is most appreciated by all who enjoy the fruit of your long Hr spent on it ......so all I can say is THANKS

The fps doesn't drop for me, it is always down to slideshow: But only on this map and only in perfect mode.

[Image: pic1-2.jpg]
[Image: pic2-1.jpg]
[Image: pic3.jpg]

Oh and as soon as I don't have any ground in the frame the fps rise to the usual level again.

[Image: pic4.jpg]

I notice that on my in flight map only the larger towns and cities are named. Is this correct? Will some if not all of the small villages be named on the finished version of the map? It would help with navigation.

... no fps loss here

p4 3.0

2G DDR

NV7600GT 256

audigy2
--------------------------

perfect mode

1280x1024

4x AA
no anisotropic filtering

[Image: setup.jpg]

--------------------------