BETA - Battle of France - Part 1 (4.09)

Murph Wrote:I notice that on my in flight map only the larger towns and cities are named. Is this correct? Will some if not all of the small villages be named on the finished version of the map? It would help with navigation.

Dup is working on a more comprehensive texts.txt file which will name many more features

fabianfred Wrote:Whilst making my simple mission to get people started flying over the new map...I noticed that the Eastern bridge in Sedan will not allow vehicles to cross..

I've been fiddling with this issue.
When you place a bridge it creates a vehicle exclusion zone on either side of the bridge. In this case I think one bridge is blocking access to the other. It may be that if I move the bridges apart by another 100m grid the problem will be solved. ed_map_t also has an influence.

There seems to be similar problems at other closely spaced bridges, eg Rotterdam. -- but at least one of the bridges works.

-- What happens if one is marked as destroyed?

Big Grin trying to add the info in the mod hanger and do not see a static.ini file in the root or in the mod folder did I miss something ? and is the R1 hanger in some place I did not see on the D/L site for it ...hope you don't mind a newbie Qt like this but I did do a flight in the scenery and all looks so sweet ....just starting to add the skins and do a mission in it hope to get one of the missions working with out the hangar Mod but would say it will not work without them but will keep CKing back ........thanks

Note:::::: found the link here and found it WOW what a place this AAA is still trying for the R1 hanger info Big Grin :oops:

I think the static.ini issue is covered with this thread by Fisneaky:
viewtopic.php?p=44318#44318

Ash still sorting out the R-1 stuff but the mod is working for me .....and all I can say is WOW ....keep it coming

Fred, I can't get your Sedan mission to load- it says 64 Squadron does'nt exist.
Does this mission require a mod to add squadrons? I thought that mod was withdrawn due to conflicts with other mods?

Murph - I had the same problem so just went into FMB and changed things around.

I had this problem, with a mission, on the BoB map, and the problem is solved by installing the Gaston MOD for to add more squadrons and countries.
He sought the link, but I have not found sorry.

But it has to be somewhere in the forum

PD:
Exist somme quick missions pack, to add this map to QMB?

sorry about the mission folks...I didn't realise that i was using a new sqn from gaston's mod..... just open the mis file in Notepad and alter the 64 sqn to 32 sqn...(is 32 sqn a default one?)

or there is a version of the 'more nations and squadrons' at my site which also has the Thai squadrons added.......use that one

(I wondered why my hurricanes didn't have any markings :? )

I realised I have a weird problem: the clouds are almost absent on the map (no matter what weather conditions the clouds are very very rare) . Looking on the screenshots posted by other users I see the clouds are ok. Also checked with another map whether by some wizardry the clouds disappeared there too, but they are fine. So i have the clouds problem, it's a problem only with this map, other users don't have it. I have no idea what's going on Cry

aren't there cloud settings in the load.ini file? maybe you could compare the load.ini for this map with that of others to see :wink:

I did that but couldn't find anything different. Anyway, we all have the SAME load.ini and it's only me (I think) which have this problem, and only on this map. Cry

EDIT: Still no joy but I noticed:
There are some clouds mainly over the channel. Also there are plenty of clouds when you cross the map boundaries :lol: But over the land they are absent (I saw some 2 small cloud clumps in given positions in the populated area). This drives me crazy Cry
Also: I have the setting typeclouds=0 (fps issue). I changed then to typeclouds=1 ("new" clouds) and then the clouds were restored over the whole map. And again I have no prob with typeclouds=0 with other maps.

fabianfred Wrote:aren't there cloud settings in the load.ini file? maybe you could compare the load.ini for this map with that of others to see :wink:

An improved map_F file has been posted on page 1. A great improvement on the original for "excellent" mode users. "Perfect" mode users will not see any difference.

asheshouse Wrote:An improved map_F file has been posted on page 1. A great improvement on the original for "excellent" mode users. "Perfect" mode users will not see any difference.

Asheshouse,
I tweaked your Map_F_test2 in this image you can see your interrupted,

I think you will agree the improvement
is noticeable. By simply adding blur to the land colors only it
deals nicely with the pixel-ized detail.

The color change in the
ocean water blends nicely as well. Just some stuff I learned along
with the conversion from 24bit to 8bit.

The new file is here: http://hosted.filefront.com/autopilot2/

-auto

Thanks Auto. Your blurred version is an improvement. Map_F either way because the resolution of the land/water boundaries is not sharp enough. Not much can be done about that.
I think I might also darken the map_F by adding some darker green pixels to the land before blurring.
The sea in your screenshot looks very blue compared with what I see on screen.
I also notice the texture error around Calais-Marck airfield (Part 3 area), which will need correcting.