Damage: Smoke Fire Fuel and Contrail Mod *Updated 7/28*

I played with theis for a long time yesterday and had no noticeable fps lags... I'm running an AMD 4100 with 2 GB ram, and some not-so-hot graphics processor (Nvidia 7300?). But then again, I didn't play with any large bombers - only smaller planes

Added new updated download

Updates include all volumetric smoke now. No more 2d stuff. New Fuel Leak effect, and renamed files so it doesn't conflict with any other mods.

Good progress on this. Big Grin One improvement would be if the heavy black smoke from the damaged AC dissipated at the end of the trail. Now it looks like a cat's tail. Thanks 4 your work!

Fly! Wrote:Good progress on this. Big Grin One improvement would be if the heavy black smoke from the damaged AC dissipated at the end of the trail. Now it looks like a cat's tail. Thanks 4 your work!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

Fly, the way the effects were setup they were (i think) built around the idea of useing the 2d to save FPS and give a good dissipating effect to the smoke trail. They had no intent of going full volumetric for whatever reason.... Prolly too busy working on the Lerche.... :roll: So its not really meant for full volumetric smoke, hence the cattail effect along with the cotton ball effect.

If i had my java questions answered i could probably fix this so its more refined and better fps, but sadly i don't.

Like i said in previous posts i'm constantly trying my best to tweak this so its realistic, and somewhat easy on PCs. I'm trying to get the cattail effect to go away and make the smoke dissipate more naturally.

Best thing to do is to just try to look away from the FPS hit bug, and the cattail, and whatever else is out of place. As it is certainly much much better than the previous, and we all put up with that for a while.

Another great effect/immersion mod from Th!rdeye - THANKS!

Looks great, very happy with this - I may switch from dark to lighter smoke though...

CUJO_1970 Wrote:Another great effect/immersion mod from Th!rdeye - THANKS!

Looks great, very happy with this - I may switch from dark to lighter smoke though...

glad you like it.

Neither smoke is accurate or inaccurate. The color of smoke in real life depended on the round, place on the wing where it hit and climate.

So it doesn't matter which smoke you choose. Smile

Th!rdeye, it will be possible to reduce density on the black smoke trail and add some grey smoke to get a more realistic effect??? i mean have black and grey smoke mixed on critical or fire effects.

Potenz

All your mods are great! I just tried them out:

A)The rocket effect is just right, it looks just like the rocket firing typhoon footage i've seen.
B)Explosion effect is much better.
C)Fuel leak is perfect. Just like some gun camera from the pacific air war i've seen.
D) Fire/smoke effect is again great, but if i must give some constructive critisism, I'd agree with the above poster. It's maybe a bit too dark.

This is turning into a must have mod pack. :wink:

Metatron Wrote:All your mods are great! I just tried them out:

A)The rocket effect is just right, it looks just like the rocket firing typhoon footage i've seen.
B)Explosion effect is much better.
C)Fuel leak is perfect. Just like some gun camera from the pacific air war i've seen.
D) Fire/smoke effect is again great, but if i must give some constructive critisism, I'd agree with the above poster. It's maybe a bit too dark.

This is turning into a must have mod pack. :wink:

Thank you very much! I actually based it off Typhoon and Mossy footage. Smile

I never really touched the explosion effect, it kinda improved itself.

As for the too dark smoke. Its very hard to get the colors to blend without revealing the texture's circles. I will tinker a bit with it, as it is very bland. But the way i have it set to get the best FPS i can with long lasting volumetric smoke will make it hard...

I'll do some stuff tonight (right now actually) and then post some screens and see what i can get.

there is no folder with what you have explained in the first page. How do we use this All I see is a zipped file with the data in it.

No other folders.

Dleg Wrote:I played with theis for a long time yesterday and had no noticeable fps lags... I'm running an AMD 4100 with 2 GB ram, and some not-so-hot graphics processor (Nvidia 7300?). But then again, I didn't play with any large bombers - only smaller planes
maybe third-eye count with 16xcore processor :wink:

Th!rdeye Wrote:Personal Disclaimer: This mod is my own creation, please do not edit it or redistribute it without my permission. PM me for any changing you want to do to it. I will MOST LIKELY let you if you ask for my permission and describe what you are doing. Smile

btw how you find that somebody make new mod/or edit your mod with similar effect ?
well this is only edit eff,mat files and TGA

magot Wrote:[quote="Th!rdeye"]Personal Disclaimer: This mod is my own creation, please do not edit it or redistribute it without my permission. PM me for any changing you want to do to it. I will MOST LIKELY let you if you ask for my permission and describe what you are doing. Smile

btw how you find that somebody make new mod/or edit your mod with similar effect ?
well this is only edit eff,mat files and TGA

yes Magpie plagiarism work is stupid,but am no mean plagiarism but it was example of paradox modding community Big Grin

what a wonderful mod!!!! Top work!!!!! Thank you soo much!

Although, the black smokes are waaay too long IMHO, and after the crash they stay there too long. If you could fix it, this would be the best mod ever!!!!