Damage: Smoke Fire Fuel and Contrail Mod *Updated 7/28*

I love this mod! Fantastic!

I only have one issue, where all the contrails from the engines of the B24 are crowded around the port wing and not coming out of every engine. I have checked with a friend and he states the same issue. Will try and get a screenshot.

Looking good! Thanks very much for a great improvement.

[Image: il2fb2008-07-2805-55-10-03.jpg]

[Image: il2fb2008-07-2806-34-14-31.jpg]

[Image: il2fb2008-07-2805-51-22-01.jpg]

[Image: il2fb2008-07-2722-42-25-48.jpg]

[Image: il2fb2008-07-2722-39-56-01.jpg]

Brilliant.. Great pics! Big Grin

Just installed this,and its a great mod! Big Grin

LF, how the hell did you put that 109 on fire with a spit MK1? usually I waste my whole ammo into them, and nothing happens...if I can get them..usually they just climb away and I overheat.

It's my wingman. When I play with a new mod, I usually stay out of the action and order him to go kill something while I take pictures. :wink:

Shoot the engine!

That's the great mod indeed! But I have some strange black portion of smoke that comes out of damaged engine smoke and just stays in the air for several minutes:

[Image: 0001-1.jpg]

[Image: 0002.jpg]

Does anyone else have this? What may be the problem? :roll:

Best regards,
Mangas.

Brophmeister Wrote:I love this mod! Fantastic!

I only have one issue, where all the contrails from the engines of the B24 are crowded around the port wing and not coming out of every engine. I have checked with a friend and he states the same issue. Will try and get a screenshot.

I have the same problem aswell. I have no clue.

Great mod Thirdeye, but I have two small queries:
a.) first, when debris from aircraft hits the ground, instead of burning with a small puff of smoke, it's covered by balls of thick, black smoke. :?
b.)also, could you maaybe add a bit more grey please? As I think that, as it is, it's a bit too dark. :wink:

These are just minor probelems, the work that you've done on this is truly incredible! Big Grin

For the last time. The smoke when the plane hits the ground is not going to change. Its because of the half assed way the effects were set up and its NOT GOING TO CHANGE in the forseeable future.

Sorry but if you want good looking smoke in the air you gotta put up with it. If its that bothersome, then don't use this mod anymore. You gotta put up with one bad thing to get a good thing.

And about adding more gray, again, the way the effects are setup if i make the secondary effects too gray, the circles become to outlined and it looks retarded. I will get a screenshot up showing you.

Mangas, i have no idea why you are getting that..... Try a clean reinstall of my mod.

I hope this is made into an official mod, every Il2 fan needs it! 8)

my respect to the author of this wonderful mod!!! WOW!! that's what i needed!!!!!BRAVO!!
i've got a question..and a problem with the lowering FPS when plane crashes...do u have an idea how to reduce the live time of that smoke effect? is it possible to remove it completely?
but flames and smokes are really great!!!!!

zmey-74 Wrote:my respect to the author of this wonderful mod!!! WOW!! that's what i needed!!!!!BRAVO!!
i've got a question..and a problem with the lowering FPS when plane crashes...do u have an idea how to reduce the live time of that smoke effect? is it possible to remove it completely?
but flames and smokes are really great!!!!!
Smile

Smile me too...the same thing...

What are the differences I'd see in setting Effects to 2 as opposed to 1? Thanks.