Question about the Dgen Campain with the 110

Hello guys,

I have a question : Does anyone of you know how to introduce the Bf110C4B, the Me210 and the Me410 in the Dgen Campain for Luftwaffe army group Center. My idea is to fly as a Zerst

Yes, I understand and I know your problem. If you have modified text files suchs as *.DB, *planes.dat and planesXXY.dat files, it is not enough. You also need to manually edit DGen.exe itself. This is not without consequences and possible problems, and require intimate knowledge about the inner workings of DGen.exe. Actually the ideal would be for a programmer to add the planes you mention to the data bases contained withing DGen.exe...

oh, another one that triedWink

I was surprised that even stock planes like the 110 versions can't be used by a player in DGEN.
everything elese vtrelut already said. Not possible without hacking the DGEN .exe (and so far as I know nobody has done that)

You can move to lowengrins DCG tool, this is a generator that can be modified to support new stuff. search the forums here, there are various threads.

Well, actually I did it, to a limited extent. :oops: If you try my campaigns, you will realize that you can fly the Curtiss H75A3 (P_36A3) and the Morane 406 (MS406) in DGen... which is not supposed to be the case. :!: It is a matter of swapping plane slots between AIs and flyables within the DGen.exe data bases. I've achieved that by manually editing the .exe itself. 8)

My work is posted here in this section at AAA, and available at Combat Ace, M4T but also now included in EnjoyR patches for DGen. :wink:

oh, i seeSmile

are you going into this deeper? like trying to find out how to add planes or even maps?

Hi vtrelut,
can you explain how you edited dgen.exe. I think it is not possible by just using a text editor. Did you use Visual C++ or something like that?

I use a HEX editor; for instance XVI32.

I cannot add new planes and maps, just replace or swap planes with same load-outs/ammo and same nb of characters.

I already did it several times, making the He-162D, H75A3, H75A2 & MS406 flyable in DGen.