[WIP] MiddleEast Map

I decided to try my hand at map making. This is the beginning of a 1:1 scale S.E. Mediterranean map. I'm starting this from scratch so this may take awhile. Anyone interested to lend a hand with research, textures or object ideas is welcome.

This map won't offer a lot in W.W. II but may satisfy my desires very early scenarios to Israels "War of Independence" and hopefully in the future "Suez Crisis" scenarios.

[Image: 2B_Mediterranean_SE.jpg]

look here: viewtopic.php?t=4653

Yes, I tried the Sinai map but I wanted a bigger map with greater area. The Sinai map is what prompted my interest in making a new larger one.

Hi, and welcome Big Grin

always nice to see new project starting .... never mind if same area has been presented on other map, we have space for all of them :wink:

good luck with it and feel free to PM me for any question you may have

regards
Z

ok I thats great! Big Grin

Well, Norh East on your map we can have the Syrian Campaign, British against Vichy French, and German AC flying south west to intercept allied ship convoys.
Although, I am grateful and welcoming any new maps, just make sure, no one else is doing something similar and end second after a huge amount of time spent.
thank you for your efforts.

No problems with that...

I didn't want to extend area because i found very difficult to have two different regions on the same map, desertic one (sand) and mediterranean one (green)... transitions are not easy to do.
If you have a look at israeli kibboutz on my map, it is quite unsatisfying...

I hope the best for you :wink:

News for WIP Philippines ... standby... no time Cry

delvpier Wrote:No problems with that...

I didn't want to extend area because i found very difficult to have two different regions on the same map, desertic one (sand) and mediterranean one (green)... transitions are not easy to do.
If you have a look at israeli kibboutz on my map, it is quite unsatisfying...

I hope the best for you :wink:

News for WIP Philippines ... standby... no time Cry

Yes, terrain textures with this map will be difficult. This map will require more than a few custom textures to properly represent the extremes in not only geography but vegetation as well. Too bad we can't have negative elevations for the Dead Sea.

Still a huge amount of work to do but thought I'd at least show some sort of update. The Sinai is looking better but deciding on a texture for the mountains has been a lot of trial and error. Back dating the SRTM maps has also been a pain but I'm slowly finding old maps and photos to help. It's a big map at 1:1 scale. I may do three versions. One for W.W.I, another for 1948 and then 1956. I'm focusing on 1942 to 1948 at the moment.

Went on a test mission today just to have another look over the landscape. Departed Ramat David to bomb Damascus.

Getting ready to depart from Ramat David looking southwest toward Mount Carmel.
[Image: RD_01.jpg]

Still working on custom textures but these are some of my "field" textures.
[Image: RD_02.jpg]

[Image: RD_03.jpg]

Still lots of texture work. This area hasn't been textures proper yet but shows Tiberius outbound.
[Image: RD_04.jpg]

Another one of my custom land textures which hopefully depicts the proper terrain in the area.
[Image: RD_05.jpg]

nice progress you're showing here .... Big Grin

keep it up

Z

Great looking stuff you have there.

One thing though, if you want a Suez crisis map, you absolutely need to include Cyprus that was crowded with RAF planes.

Plus I need to shamelessly support my home country! :lol: :lol:

Bump!

How is this proyect doing?

Cheers!

Good work on the Map Looks great.

Love the B-17 skin by the way, where did you get it?