loading map error?

Hi anybody, plz help me out here (in dire need)...
I cant fly the normandy map online on the skies of valor server - why?

I get this message when loading:

Mission loading error: Landscape
'Normandy/load1.ini' loading error

I have lots of mods installed, byt so far everything is running smooth, except for this map loading. What or where is it going wrong - any suggestions?

DK-nme

DK-nme Wrote:Hi anybody, plz help me out here (in dire need)...

I have lots of mods installed, byt so far everything is running smooth, except for this map loading. What or where is it going wrong - any suggestions?

DK-nme

just rename normandy folder as "-normandy" .... game will load default one and you'll be fine

( its because different load.ini on server and on your comp)

cheers
Z

U mean the normandy map in the MOD folder?
If yes, say no more and I'll be renaming it at once.
Thx alot, fly_zo

DK-nme

DK-nme Wrote:U mean the normandy map in the MOD folder?
If yes, say no more and I'll be renaming it at once.
Thx alot, fly_zo

DK-nme

should be :

MODS\MAPMODS\maps\-normandy

when flying off line just remove "-" from folder name

cheers
Z

fly_zo Wrote:just rename normandy folder as "-normandy" .... game will load default one and you'll be fine

cheers
Z

Ran into this issue myself tonight, and eventually worked out that very solution. Interesting to note that if you have vpmedia's (excellent) map textures mod (The link is inoperative) installed, and the server doesn't, you can't join that server. And vice-versa ... if you have that mod installed and other players wishing to join your server haven't got it, those players are ... left out. Not to say "screwed", but it amounts to the same thing.

/edit/

One more thing though... I got load errors on all the Normandy maps while trying to open them in FMB, as well as online. Renaming the folder (removing vpmedia's texture update mod for the Normandy maps) also allowed the Normandy maps to be opened with FMB. Odd.

fly_zo Wrote:
DK-nme Wrote:Hi anybody, plz help me out here (in dire need)...

DK-nme

just rename normandy folder as "-normandy" .... game will load default one and you'll be fine

cheers
Z

Thanks for this m8 8)

Been looking for an answer for an age Cry

[Image: catpongaq4.gif]

SandMan Wrote:
fly_zo Wrote:just rename normandy folder as "-normandy" .... game will load default one and you'll be fine

cheers
Z

Ran into this issue myself tonight, and eventually worked out that very solution. Interesting to note that if you have vpmedia's (excellent) map textures mod (The link is inoperative) installed, and the server doesn't, you can't join that server. And vice-versa ... if you have that mod installed and other players wishing to join your server haven't got it, those players are ... left out. Not to say "screwed", but it amounts to the same thing.

One more thing though... I got load errors on all the Normandy maps while trying to open them in FMB, as well as online. Renaming the folder (removing vpmedia's texture update mod for the Normandy maps) also allowed the Normandy maps to be opened with FMB. Odd.

sounds to me u dont have the rigth wrapper.dll installed, i expriment whit textures for maps, and cudent understund way my textures just made errors, they were ok so long i used same name that was for some textures, then i tryed to add them to the filelist.txt that they say is unessesery whit the new wrapper, and i thogth i used the new one, cos it says in the info it says it was from 08-08-26 i just tryed to change to an other one from 080109, so im abit confused my selfe what wrapper is the new one or edited one that dont nead the filelist.text.

but serch for here on theis forum for wrapper then i think u will fiend i corect one that dont nead the filelist.txt

sorry for my miss speling but im borred and drunk Big Grin

Hi
I got Mission loading error: index 1422, SIze 1422 just yesterday installed this modded canon map
( which is awesome by the way) and we tested is succesfully but today no go...

any ideas?

Open GL Crashes with .ini errors now?
cant run in perfect no mo.......? recently installed UI 1.1 It did run rather fine maxed out...
Any help or suggestions gladly welcomed

SYSTEM
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name HAL
System Manufacturer HP Pavilion 061
System Model EL470AA-ABA A1340N
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~3199 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 3.17, 7/26/2006
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
User Name HAL\Ross
Time Zone Central Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 508.38 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 2.40 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

VIDEO
Driver Packaging Version 8.573-090113a-074230C-ATI
Catalyst

I should also add that it does it no matter what map i try to load Same error different map name?
I try to run open gl while games is running via esc otions video it crashes my system

fly_zo,

Thanks for your help. I was also having that same problem with not being able to run the Normandy map(s) online. Hopefully your suggestion will be just what we need :-)