Map Download problems

Let me begin by saying the Arcade is a great place. Having said that, I hope someone will be able to help me solve a couple of problems I've been having with some of the map downloads that appear in QMB. The first problem occurs with the following three maps; BOB, Balaton 1, Singapor 1, will not open at all. When I click on the a small window appears and states "Wrong Target Selected." It says this no matter which type target, including "None," I select.
Problem number two is with the following maps: MTO, Bessarabia, Burma, OnLine MT,
Normandy 2, Berlin, Online4summer, i Italy Online, Desert Online , Hawaii, Kurland Autumn 4 Online, Norway, and Kuban, will pull up only if "None" is selected as mission. If I select any other mission the "Wrong Target" window appears.
These maps seem to work in FMB . They can be pulled up and used to create missions without any problems as far as I've been able to determine.
Does anybody have any ideas?

You need to manually make the missions for any map you want to use in QMB+ The brand new maps won't have any missions for them whilst some of the ones that were coded in QMB+ originally have the 'None' missions.

Bascially, QMB doesn't just load up the map. It loads a pre-made missions with 4 red flights vs 4 blue flights and then the mission parameters are edited according to your options.

So, see if people have made QMB missions for the maps you've downloaded, or delve into FMB and try and make your own. See the readme that came with QMB+ so you know how to name the missions etc.

Joe

Thank you for your quick reply, I understand, I think. I have been experimenting with FMB and will do as you suggested. Thanks again.

You might also try looking in the Missions section of this website- there are some mission packs for many of the new maps for use in QMB+.

Again, I'd like to than both of you for your help. As I understood you responses, I had three options. First, I could make and save a mission in QMB as "*.quick," load it and play. Unfortunately, that didn't work(at least the way I did it). The maps still came up with the "wrong mission" window. Secondly, I tried the maps in FMB. I was successful, after a fashion, in creating missions on all the maps I tried, but I still couldn't get them to work in QMB. Third, I could try downloading some missions designed for the new maps. The first wasn't available any longer, and the others seem to be assigned to the Single mission files. I'll keep looking for those.
Am I doing it right?
Lastly, I discovered that none of my Mod bombers will drop bombs in either QMB or FMB. I discovered this when I made some missions in FMB with Blenheim MkI and MkIVs. Then I tried with B17 and B29 in QMB with the same results. Yet, I swear during one try with a MkI in a mission I designed, the aircraft opened its bomb doors and let go.
The non-Mod bombers seem to work fine.
I am easily lost in the complexities of the game. Am I doing or forgetting to do something?

Do you have the new version of the Mosquito installed? If so you will need to check the readme for it- it explains how to go about assigning a keystroke to open the bomb bay doors. If the doors are'nt opened first the bombs won't drop.
Try these QMB+ missions; http://www.4shared.com/file/50892436/97 ... uicks.html

Murph, those files are gone, I think, but these links still work:

From this topic:
viewtopic.php?t=5664
Link to missions:
http://hosted.filefront.com/Eldon45/

jlan5031, when you download these missions they must be placed in the main Missions folder in a folded named "Quick"

You gentlemen are great! My maps work, and my bomb doors work. I bow my head in awe, and thank you all so much. The only short coming is that the QMBs I saved and loaded still wont play on the above mentioned maps. However maybe I misunderstood that I would be able, and with the QMB missions I downloaded and installed, I have access to mare and better QMBs than I could create.
Thanks again for all your help.
Jim Lancina

jlan5031, here are missions for the BOB map:

viewtopic.php?t=5735

Forager.
Thanks for the heads-up. I downloaded, installed, and played a couple, without problems.
Jim Lancina

The voices in the BoB QMBs do speak Russian, however?

When you set up a quick mission, you need to go click on the radio button on the right of your planes slot in the setup screen- this will open up the details on your plane. Here you can pick a country (default for allies is Russia) and skin for your plane and pilot and well as fuel loadout.
When you are satisfied, save the mission for future use.