[WIP] Me 264V-1

As you said TinyTim if the Me 264 had become operational it would have flown from France or Norway & Willy Messerschmitt came to the same conclusion (more the France option) not only to avid interception over Britain but all so to increase range & payload.

As for the RAF intercepting it like you said, I don't know. They would need some really good info before mounting such an operation.

[Image: znlkorwkno.jpg]

PS the image you posted is of a map showing the different range capabilities between the Fw 400 and the Me 264 variants according to Messerschmitt calculations. The second innermost ring is the range of the Fw 400 and all other rings are the ranges of the different Me264 variants, but don't take it as the true ranges of these aircraft for a number of reasons & because Willy kept on changing his calculations.

[Image: 264-6.jpg]

The RAF? If the germans developed such a superbomber, Britain became a priority target, with the very short range to UK what payload can that plane have?

RealDarko Wrote:The RAF? If the germans developed such a superbomber, Britain became a priority target, with the very short range to UK what payload can that plane have?

Says who? :wink: Thats just speculation. I think that Hitler would have been megalomanical enough to order such an operation against US targets (and would probably have met significant opposition from his commanders, just like what did happen, but Hitler was a retard...)

Brophmeister Wrote:
RealDarko Wrote:The RAF? If the germans developed such a superbomber, Britain became a priority target, with the very short range to UK what payload can that plane have?

Says who? :wink: Thats just speculation. I think that Hitler would have been megalomanical enough to order such an operation against US targets (and would probably have met significant opposition from his commanders, just like what did happen, but Hitler was a retard...)
I guess we will need to leave that to the mission builders :lol:

I recon Hitler would have used it as a fighter bomber!

Brophmeister Wrote:

On July 8, 1943, at a meeting in the Supreme Headquarters, Hitler promised his support for the continued production of the Me 264 to Messerschmitt, but only for maritime uses. At the same time he dropped his decision to bomb the east coast of the U.S., because "the few aircraft that could get through would only provoke the populace to resistance"

here is a link to a page with a picture of it

http://rareaircraf1.greyfalcon.us/GERMANY.htm

just search (Ctrl + F) for MESSERSCHMITT ME-264 AMERIKA BOMBER

Ok, exams are history. I'm back on track.

Cool Big Grin hope exams went well.

lol Zorin please don't tell me your avatar is you starkers in the back of a PBY :lol:

This looks great! How is it going?

Once you have completed it would you be interested in doing the Japanese "Mount Fuji" bomber planned for attacking the US? ie the G10N1?

[Image: g10n1ot9.jpg]

ex_RAAF_Elecfitter Wrote:This looks great! How is it going?

Once you have completed it would you be interested in doing the Japanese "Mount Fuji" bomber planned for attacking the US? ie the G10N1?

[Image: g10n1ot9.jpg]
No way, i'm done with anything with more than 2 engines. Too much trouble. I'll try to do smaller stuff.

How's this lovely beast going?

It's not going.

RL is a major issue right now, and since this is a one man work the mod is also stopped. Currently i'm organizing an event for more than 300 people and the second battery of exams in college starts this week

I know what you mean buddy but if you want some modeling help or something in 3DS let me know

IAF.116~Jagr Wrote:I know what you mean buddy but if you want some modeling help or something in 3DS let me know

I just need to master UVW mapping. Then i'll be an happy guy.