Copy&Paste

I'm fairly new to FMB+ and was wondering (a) is there a manual? (b) is it possible to copy a group of objects and copy/paste to another part of the map?

Thanks for any help.

Hi Hrdbomb, this is the only program i know of

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php? ... ls&id=2636

this is the only program i know of that allows you to copy and paste, its not to easy to use, but it is good.
I think someone was looking into copy and paste from in the Full Mission Builder, but i haven't heard anything for a while.

hope this helps

slipper

FMB manual here http://www.il2-fullmissionbuilder.com/index.php.

No manual for FMB+. Look at AAA posts, or post a question.

You cannot copy and paste objects in FMB+

You can only copy and paste in map tools FMB. Hold down Alt and drag a box around the group of objects that you want to copy and paste. Press Ctl + c to copy the objects to the FMB "clipboard". Then press Ctrl + v to paste those objects from the clipboard. Note that the FMB "clipboard" can only hold one group of objects at once. Selecting another group of objects and copying to the clipboard will erase the previous group from the clipboard.

funny :?

I have tried copy/paste with the FMB+ many times and it didn't work...... only with the maptoolsFMb
selecting a group of objects and moving them works though

fabianfred Wrote:funny :?

I have tried copy/paste with the FMB+ many times and it didn't work...... only with the maptoolsFMb

Oooops, you're right! I feel like such an ass! I haven't used non-map tools FMB in such a long time!

Have amended post above.

tsb47 Wrote:
fabianfred Wrote:funny :?

Oooops, you're right! I feel like such an ass! I haven't used non-map tools FMB in such a long time!

Have amended post above.

don't worry....... maybe it was a nice smooth ass you felt....lol

Thanks for the prompt replies guys. I guess it's one object at a time as usual!

I was just wondering if anyone is working on a copy and paste function for FMB+ ? We could really do with it.

regards

slipper

The only other workaround is this.......
have a very simple mission file containing the objects you want to copy....or make a copy of your mission and delete everything except those objects
copy that text into the mission file you want to add them to...
then open that mission in FMB and select/move/rotate them to where you want

slipper Wrote:I was just wondering if anyone is working on a copy and paste function for FMB+ ? We could really do with it.

regards

slipper

Im not sure :mrgreen:

Not a bad workaround that fabianfred, might give it a try. Cheers mate!

slipper

Okay, here it is, and it's V1.1 now - V.1 was faulty under some circumstances, this one works:

http://files.filefront.com/Copy+Buildin ... einfo.html

or

http://rapidshare.com/files/151073134/C ... 1.zip.html

A simple program with a console. Create a new folder and put the programm and a "mission.mis" (a renamed .mis file of your choice) or an inBuildings.txt in it. It even works wtih a static.actors (outact.bat, act.jar and a mapsize.txt - a symbolc one is included within the zip - must be in the same folder. No valid outWing.txt will be created if there is no bridge in the map).

The program creates a "inBuildings_new.txt" with the copyed buildings (No other kind of objects).

Select the area to copy by entering the left down and right up coordinates in full kilometers (This makes it much easier, i think). The Km are shown at the lower and left border in the fmb, but don't zoom to much, they disapear then.

The copyed buildings are shiftet to lower left coorinates. So when you copy them from the inBuildings_new.txt to your mission file in the [Buildings] section or to your inBuildings.txt you will find them at the left lower corner of a map.

So if you want to copy Munich from my map:

Put the static.actors (and the other mentioned files) to the folder with the program. Run it. Input something like 420 (left lower x-coordinate in km), 330 (left lower y-coordinate), 435 (right upper x-coorinate) and 345 (right upper y-coordinate). The resulting "inBuildings_new.txt" will store the Munic buildings with coordinates shifted to about from 1/1 Km to 16/16 km (Munich seems to be quite quadratic) or so.

A graphical version with selecting the area directly from a map would be a little bit to much as a saturday afternoon amusement, but i think this one is easy enought.

No readme is delivered.

can you please send it here too ... for those of us who can get nothing from Filefront

http://www.4shared.com/dir/4397598/27d3 ... aring.html

See above.

If there is any need also to copy other objects like armor etc. just tell.