[Mod] Zip_Alpen V.1.2 - Final version + smaller actors patch

Read notes to V.1.2 and V.1.1 below first!

--------------------
Smaller actors.static patch:

There where still reports about some stuttering when playing the map online with rigs of only 2 GB memory. Some testing (Many thanks to widowmaker) showed that this is related to the size of the actors.static files. So if you are affected, here are smaller ones, only 8 instead of 10 MB. Different actors files are compatible when playing online.

This patch needs the installed Alpen map, download it below and install it first!

Warning!: The patch installer overwrites the original files, which are actors_east.static and actors_west.static. So save these files in the ...mapmods/maps/zip_Alpen folder before starting the patch installer!

Download the patch installer here:

(The link is inoperative)

--------------------

Changes in V.1.2:

Populated area is divided in a western and in a eastern part. The western part covers the map from the very west to Munich and 20 km beyond, the eastern part reaches from the very east 100 km to the west of Munich nearly to Kempten (Line BG). So the parts overlap about 120 km. Both parts include all airports with their buildings, so where ever you start you will land at a populated airport. The splitting was necessary due to some performance and stability problems. The parts are called "zip_Alpen_east" and "zip_Alpen_west."

Some thousends railway stations added.

Four new airports: Near Salzburg (CA30), designed by JV44, the Redwulf Squadron. A "Platzschutzstaffel" (airport protection echelon) for Muenchen-Riehm with its ME 262 was positioned here. The airport is historically so far as possible. The airstrip near Berchtesgaden (CA28) is designed by Bimmel including the hill object. Many thanks to you all! The last two new ones are near Veroana (BK4) and near Oberhofen (BL24).

More towns named, bigger lakes named too. Some swiss naming corrected by Gaston, also many thanks.

New overview map/mini map. Alpen peaks are snowed now.

Ctdwpffmbar-error (Crash to desktop when playing from fmb and return) mostly fixed (Not shure about that).

Some roadblocking buildings removed.

A lot of minor fixes and changes.

Still included ist the the former actors.static for V.1.1, whole map populated but no railway stations and no new airports. If you dont want to use that version, delete the entry "zip_Alpen/zip_Alpen_load.ini" in the mapmods\all.ini and the old "actors.static" (17,6 MB) in the zip_Alpen folder.

-------------------

Installation:

Fly_zo made an installer (Many thanks), just run it, select the games root folder and install. Existing files will be updated.

-------------------

Adapting existing missions:

Change the line "MAP zip_Alpen/zip_Alpen_load.ini" in the [MAIN] section of the missions .mis file to

MAP zip_Alpen/zip_Alpen_west_load.ini

or

MAP zip_Alpen/zip_Alpen_east_load.ini

depending on where the mission takes place. That's all.

--------------------

This is the final version of my Alpen map. May be i will overwork it sometime here or there, but that's far away.

--------------------------------------

Download version 1.2 here:

(The link is inoperative)

----------------------------------

Notes to V1.1.:

After many month of hard work i proudly present Version 1.1 of my Alpen map. The map covers a very western part of France, southern Germany including Munich, whole Switzerland, nearly whole Austria with Vienna, northern Italy with a little part of the Adria and Venice, eastern Slovenia and a little part of nothern Croatia. All together that are 825x365 km. Included are more then 80 different airports - some for very skilled pilots only -, some thousend towns and villages with more then two million objects and about 60.000 km roads and rails. And a lot of real high mountains, deep valleys, big lakes and long winding rivers even in the alps.

------------
Changes in version 1.1: Wrong placed BoB textures at high mountains and around the Adriatic Sea adjusted. Also affected overview map/minimap corrected. Installation: Look below.
------------

This map is for 4.09b1m only. Due to the size of the map, loading time will be a little bit longer then usual. My quite fast system needs about 40 seconds.

Installation:

fly_zo made an installer, so you just have to double click the installation file and select your games directory.

Some more notes:

The airports at Augsburg, Muenchen-Riehm and Memmingen are designed by JV69_BADA. Lowfighter created swiss castels marked as sightseeing points and phasmid the rocky fsmd_mount3.tga texture. Bob_fields texture by Rus_Andrey.

Triad773 wrote a challenging mission (it runs best as a coop), he has published it here in the mission section:

viewtopic.php?t=7691

Many thanks to all these gents and to fly_zo, the whole AAA staff and also the community. A special thank to the team of the slovakia map, who defined a new standard of map making and created a lot of fine objects.

The map runs best in perfect mode with forrest=3 and water=1 in your conf.ini. Water=1 avoids some problems with water in the height like black stripes at lakes banks, hovering seaplanes and also plane crashes when flying very low over the water.

To switch between water=1 and your original value you may use this little programm (Il46_Wswitcher.zip, 5 KB, external link):

http://files.filefront.com/Il46Wswitche ... einfo.html

I also created a special height map, so as a bomber or dive bomber you can measure the height of your aim for a better hit rate and avoiding unfriendly ground touches. Download that height map here (zip_Alpen_hight_map.zip, 21,5 MB, external link):

http://files.filefront.com/zip+Alpen+he ... einfo.html

For nearer explanations take a look at the readme files.

So polish your navigation tools, run the motor and have fun!

Zipzapp

Great, many thanks ! Tongue

awsum Big Grin thank you.

Wonderful map, HUGE! Thanks!!!

It installs, loads and runs without a hitch, but when I end a mission - boing- I get a memory error that crashes IL-2 and I'm back to Windows.

this mod has been tested and approved for AAA UI installer v1.0 !

many thanks zipzapp .... fantastic map Big Grin Big Grin

Z

Poltave, that seems to be a little bug (memory not properly cleared?) in the game. It doesn't occur if you start a mission after saving it as "multiplayer" with a "new server" (This works also offline and without any connection to the internet) instead from the fmb.

Nice!

Thanks Zip Zapp 8)

Thanks a lot, Zippzapp !!!

Just one thing : I have seen that some names of places are wrong... I have corrected the ones I know (especially located in France and Switzerland, like for example Martigny and Pontarlier or Dornbirn), and can send you my corrected text file... of course, some other peoples can do the same check for cities and places in other countries, as I do not know them so well...

Avoir la foi, c'est être plus sûr d'une chose que la raison ne le permet.

Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock:
Great work!
kapteeni

Can this be used for quick missions?

Yes Gaston, please send that file. Of course you also can name some more towns, i just took the most google prominents. Later i mentioned, that these arn't the most importend in every case.

Hope you noticed that new (and, i hope, wonderfull, except the rivers and lakes in the mountains, the game can't handle them here) map_f?

chug_muffin, i don't know the qmb+ yet, just downloaded it now and will have a look at it.

chug_muffin Wrote:Can this be used for quick missions?

Sure can! I've got it set up and working just fine.

Cool Avatar!

Can you share this? It'd be great Smile

Triad773 Wrote:Cool Avatar!

Can you share this? It'd be great Smile
+1 Me wants too!

This absolutely stunning map. It's huge, but my old rig (AMD 4000+) can handle it. I did some civilian flights and i got lost... :oops:

This is a best from of unofficially maps what I know, respect zipzapp!