Airplane Mod Request

I'm lovin' this whole mod thing! Great work, guys...and the sim really needed it. It was about time!
I see that you modders are able to make changes to the aircraft models. I'd like to make a request, please.
I'm a big fan of the PBY. And now I can finally fly 'er in combat.
Would it be possible to change the PBN model to reflect the American PBY version? Given what I've seen you people doing, I thought it looked as though this could be done. Hope so! Please think about it. Thanks.

Can you please post your aircraft requests in either one of these threads?

Allied WWII experiment and 'what if' 1946 aircrafts
viewtopic.php?t=7790

Axis WWII experiment and 'what if' 1946 aircrafts
viewtopic.php?t=7788

Allied WWII historical aircrafts
viewtopic.php?t=7792

Axis WWII historical aircrafts
viewtopic.php?t=7791

Chaoic out...

Chaoic16 Wrote:Can you please post your aircraft requests in either one of these threads?

viewtopic.php?t=7790

viewtopic.php?t=7788

viewtopic.php?t=7792

viewtopic.php?t=7791

Chaoic out...

please stop saying to people to post at your threads, maybe they havent seen them yet so they post on the own thread, Chaoic

Hans von Ohain Wrote:
Chaoic16 Wrote:Can you please post your aircraft requests in either one of these threads?

viewtopic.php?t=7790

viewtopic.php?t=7788

viewtopic.php?t=7792

viewtopic.php?t=7791

Chaoic out...

please stop saying to people to post at your threads, maybe they havent seen them yet so they post on the own thread, Chaoic

+ 1 to von ohain, it's quite annoying when you see a reply in a AC thread, is you telling people post in your threads.

Potenz

Yeah, agreed, just how many WIP's do you intend to undertake? :?

Can't you see, I am encouraging everyone to post requests at my threads, so that way modder would take a look at one of threads to work on next aircraft that community wanted. Instead of looking at many different threads.

What I am doing is making a library of aircraft requests of any kind for the modder, and I will keep letting new people to post there in case they dont know anything about my threads. IF someone just request plane without any reference information, it wont be much help to modders. That is why I made my threads in first place, to have someone requesting for planes and providing references where I would add them to the list.

If you think about it... You can not just sit around and request for plane while doing nothing at all.... Expecting modder to do everything for you. That kind of Attuitde is very unwelcomed by modders. Instead, if youi do somethint what I requets people to do at my threasd, such as requesitng for plaens then gather up reference. That is when modder go to my thread, pick one of plane out from my list to work on, would have basic information and references to work with. That is when modder would have a good start where it saves them alot of times and would appericate the reference/information/data/blueprint providen by this community!

Brophmeister Wrote:Yeah, agreed, just how many WIP's do you intend to undertake? :?

You must understand, it is NOT just for me, but an entire AAA community too! You see, I am developing a library of aircraft requests with reference/information embedded for modders provided by this AAA community. This is what make community doing something for modder instead of just requesitng for aircraft.

Chaoic out...

I understand the logic.. But some people just like to have their own thread so it can be seen when scrolling down the page.. They don't want it hidden away inside your thread as it can't be immediately seen. Unless someone is actualy looking inside your thread it may be missed.. can you understand this from other peoples perspectives...
Just because you took the time and effort to 'organise' how 'you' want it, it doesn't mean that everyone has to follow suit..
Not trying to be a pain, but not everyone likes it your way mate..

That is true, of course. But at the same time, you also must remember that, these people are not only one who want to see aircraft of their own requests IL-2 1946. So that is why I am giving these people an equal opportunity to see their requests with reference in my library as other people who wanted to see their requests in IL-2 1946. These whom posted at my thread are very contributed tot his community and modders by keep pouring the references to the aircraft requests in my threads that modder will truly need.

However, my threads are not hidden, they are sticked on a very top of this forum section, so they have a chance to be seen anytime when modder would go and view my list.

By the way, after my exams in university, I am going to start expanding my list, by dividing it into much more organized lists where it will have separated labels for reference/data, photo, cockpit, blueprint, and color profiles for modders when I have free time.

So that is why it bothers me that if someone just post the aircraft requests without any references will only disturb the modders whom are usually busy with projects. And at the same time, even if someone ever post aircraft requests with reference, they will still get pushed to next pages of this forum by constant new posts made by this expanding community. So that is why sometime I keep encouraging people to post at my thread because they never get lost and is kept in the library because it is also my goal to help community in any of way, where they also would at least be helpful to modders instead of poking at them with a stick that would cause modder to bite them.

Chaoic out...

request library is a damnd good idear, see, even when a plane request is posted as a lone post someone (other than a modeler ) always has to put their 5 pence worth in, slamming the request. atleast if there is a separate thread for plane requests then they have a chance of being seen by the right people.

danger Wrote:request library is a damnd good idear, see, even when a plane request is posted as a lone post someone (other than a modeler ) always has to put their 5 pence worth in, slamming the request. atleast if there is a separate thread for plane requests then they have a chance of being seen by the right people.

I am very glad you could see why I set up four seperated threads a while ago with my hard work, these include:

1) Allied WWII historical aircrafts
2) Axis WWII historical aircrafts
3) Allied WWII experiment and 'what if' 1946 aircrafts
4) Axis WWII experiment and 'what if' 1946 aircrafts

And you can find link to one of these at top of this thread or go to this link (The link is inoperative) for more information. They are sticked at very top of IL2 MODS Discussion forum. Each time someone post requets at one of my library list, during my free time, I would start adding them to to the list as I have usually do. This is what would lead AAA community into doing something favorful for modders because I alway wanted to do something that would help bring AAA community into working with modders in some of ways.

However, I thank you for supporting me for my hard work on library of aircraft requests with references.

Smile

Chaoic out...

oh, i have posted many times to try and get someone to give the japanese planes that are more than needed to make the PTO historical but no matter where i post it is always met with resentment or ignorance , almost like the us force want to walk through the pto with no opposition lol. never mind eh? i will keep plugging away.............

danger Wrote:oh, i have posted many times to try and get someone to give the japanese planes that are more than needed to make the PTO historical but no matter where i post it is always met with resentment or ignorance , almost like the us force want to walk through the pto with no opposition lol. never mind eh? i will keep plugging away.............

Actually, you can start working with me. When I have free time sometime this weekend, I will start researching with you and we find which Japanese aircraft are lacking.. At once we find information, especialy the references needed for modding on these specific aircraft, I will add them to the requests list.

How does that sound to you?

Big Grin

Chaoic out...

sounds good thanks, i know exactly what planes are missing :wink:

Research into 3DS Max sounds like an even better idea. :wink:

Holy smokes!! Didn't mean to start a problem, guys. I'll watch where I post, next time.