W.I.P. ITALY scale 1:2

What do you think about a map like this?

[Image: Italia.jpg]

[Image: map_h.jpg]

Some intersting distances could help:

[Image: Italia2.jpg]

Map_c resolution is 8864x8800 and, of course, maps t, h, f are 2216x2200.

It would be wonderful - IF and only if it's not getting too big for the game engine that is, and being a thing you can admire a while and then, exasperated, see it crash. Perhaps better to do TWO maps, slightly overlapping? One south and one north?

Marvelous !!!

I think 1:1 is not possible ? :roll:

This would be great, as there is currently no map of northen Italy available!

I don't know about crash actually. Of course there are no actors static into, but actually map charges in 30 seconds on my PC.
Sorry for imagines, but textures and map_f are temporary.

Taranto Bay:
[Image: taranto-1.jpg]

view from Etna:
[Image: etna.jpg]

Garda Lake:
[Image: garda-1.jpg]

Gulf of Liguria:
[Image: liguria.jpg]

Hi'
This looks very exciting to me as it makes for some long range missions Big Grin
Happy Landings
ColaBen

Why not 1:1?

BTW, I see some very nice rock texture which I don't recognize!

No new textures...Temporary I use textures....and same meteriogical condition from slovakia load.ini.
I've got in my mind different solutions (scala 1:1, 1:2 two maps for norh and South scala1:1). Anyway, For North actually there is an interesting W.I.P. map named Corsica including Nort Italy. But I 've assumed that during Campaing of Italy planese taked off from Foggia towards Trieste and in a map scale 1:1 in those flyies occurred much more 1 hour (ticket to ride :lol: ) .....I would like to reduce scale so it is possible to fly at same long distance into about 30-40 minutes .
I 've also planned a project of a Central_South map (From Elba island down to Malta 1:1) but it is a different matter here.
Anyway this map of entire Italy is projected for a tipical SEOW campaign. (Scorched Earth Online War system).

lowfighter Wrote:Why not 1:1?

USAAF and ICAF players for ex, should have been able to take off from south of Italy and return home in a Reasonable time, after their missions over the North and Yugoslavia. No problem from Corsica i think, but from Foggia or Canne for ex, it would take a lot of time.

The same for Husky from Tunisia.

Exactly! Positive...that's the reason why!

I see, thanks for explaining (BTW the screenshot with the flight times is hard to read because of it's size)
Good luck! Big Grin

x lowfighter:

here is the above flight time:

from Foggia to Trieste....34 minutes
from Foggia to the P

..... woow Cortomaltese , nice work

i like scaled maps .... they gain playability

looking forward to this one

Z

Veltro Wrote:
lowfighter Wrote:Why not 1:1?

USAAF and ICAF players for ex, should have been able to take off from south of Italy and return home in a Reasonable time, after their missions over the North and Yugoslavia. No problem from Corsica i think, but from Foggia or Canne for ex, it would take a lot of time.

The same for Husky from Tunisia.

That's what many people are looking for.
Realism.
Whatever it takes.
But doesn't care. Here we have a beautiful work, even if in 1:2 scale. Thank you, thank you very much Corto.
Looking forward to this map.

Cheers

Thanks again Corto for distances!