BoB releasing date ....

I don't know when they will release it but I hope they will gime some tools for the mod team here so they can begin their modding work earlier :lol:

genbrien Wrote:
Chalky Wrote:RELEASE DATES ; (Nothing official yet, just guess work)
UK RELEASE : 1-JUNE-2007 (Possibly Earliest) / 1-DEC-2007 (Possibly Realistic)
NORDIC RELEASE : 1-DEC-2007
US RELEASE : 1-DEC-2007

Haven't had such a good laugh in ages chaps.... just love your comments! :lol:

It's bound to bring a smile to Oleg too! If he has the time to read this thread? But there again.... isn't he hard at work on SOW BoB?
:mrgreen:

Eum U know that 2007 is gone since like.... 1 year :roll:
Just my sense of humour m8 :wink:

Chalky Wrote:
genbrien Wrote:
Chalky Wrote:RELEASE DATES ; (Nothing official yet, just guess work)
UK RELEASE : 1-JUNE-2007 (Possibly Earliest) / 1-DEC-2007 (Possibly Realistic)
NORDIC RELEASE : 1-DEC-2007
US RELEASE : 1-DEC-2007

Haven't had such a good laugh in ages chaps.... just love your comments! :lol:

It's bound to bring a smile to Oleg too! If he has the time to read this thread? But there again.... isn't he hard at work on SOW BoB?
:mrgreen:

Eum U know that 2007 is gone since like.... 1 year :roll:
Just my sense of humour m8 :wink:
I know Tongue
It was mine too :wink:

Hmm... a premature SoW: BoB launch site perhaps?

Just saying... we could wait a little until at least U.S. Thxgivin to start with the hype?

Hopefully there will be even more attention for the console version! :o

genbrien Wrote:I don't know when they will release it but I hope they will gime some tools for the mod team here so they can begin their modding work earlier :lol:

I posted a question about map making tools on the banana forum and got a direct reply from OM. It seems that map making tools will be very limited. For commercial reasons they will not release a full set of tools.

Quote: Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox
You would like to know to much and too early.
Right now I would say that most of requested by you features are used for internal tools.
For the end user some of them will be removed due to many commercial reasons.

100% answer can be done for the size of map. For the end users it will be limited in size. Because the great size map will will keep only for us, as a developers of the next after BoB new sim or/nad map + objects add ons on a payware basis.
So in general end user will be able to make own maps say for online gameplay in proportions like it is done for Il-2.

So map modding with Storm of War may be limited to making small maps but large area maps, such as we are now seeing in IL-2, will only be done by Oleg's team.

All of my questions are posted here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.p ... count=1422

Hmmm.....
I really don't know. I'm hoping around Jan '09. That sounds most likely.
Two weeks
No. They would have put out a lotta hyp and posters and demos....
Nah...They've been working on it long enough! :evil:
Anyways, if the end does come in 2012, and the game's released in '09, at least we would have played it!
Besides, the graphics will be so intense.....An ALIENWARE computer would stutter playing it! :lol: :wink:
Good luck, guys!

Guys don't count on it..

I'm expecting it to show up by Dec. of '09, any earlier than that and I"ll be quite surprised!

maybe 2012 if we are lucky lol to coincide with the lighting of the torch. :lol:

asheshouse Wrote:
genbrien Wrote:I don't know when they will release it but I hope they will gime some tools for the mod team here so they can begin their modding work earlier :lol:

I posted a question about map making tools on the banana forum and got a direct reply from OM. It seems that map making tools will be very limited. For commercial reasons they will not release a full set of tools.

i am quite sure that it wont be a problem here

:wink:

GOGAMER (the online store) has moved It's release date to Nov 09
But i wouldn't count on It :roll: Cry

la semaine des 4 jeudis

Cuando las ranas cr

To tell the truth I am rapidly loosing interest, the lack of info after the big build up and everything else that has gone with it starts to grate.
Yes, I will buy it when its released, but when that is doesn't really bother me any more.
1C and who-ever the publishers are are doing a great job at attempting to alienate potential buyers

2010 - 2012 !!!

This is a absurd!!!!

Who was developing this game? Axel rose ?

WTF??

As opined by others, I've long since passed looking forward to SoW:BoB. After reading the plan and seeing the screenshots of incredibly detailed ground vehicles (like the inside of an ambulance) I realized the modeling is both a blessing and a curse. With a reputed four times the complexity of the models in the IL-2 engine, it seems reasonable to expect a model to take four times longer to complete. The simple mathematics translates to four times the effort to reach a completed game unless a significant number of modelers/programmers are recruited. Consider that modeling is but one aspect of developing the game, there's also graphics and the physics of flight and damage. Still no word on the recommended system requirements, likely because technology continues to advance while the game is underway and they don't want to over or understate it. Technologically speaking, I can see a developer's dilemma in wanting to create with more advanced, yet scalable graphics so that the game engine doesn't become dated far in advance of sales.

Unless there is a planned application for the level of detail that's being incorporated into objects you cannot see from even tree top level at over 100 mph, it does seem like a waste of resources for an air combat sim. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. The word that Oleg would be giving regular progress updates was ill advised, no matter whose idea it was. It's better not to foster unfulfilled expectations than to say nothing at all. It's been what now?...four years since Oleg first mentioned the follow-on to IL-2. After having the number of theaters and aircraft spanning the entirety of WWII and even 1946, being constrained to less than six months of albeit important air combat is going to seem, to me, to be a giant step backward and eye candy can only make up for so much. I think it could be a colossal flop if add-ons expanding the time and scope of the war are not released in rapid fashion.