Garmin , extracting roads ?

Anyone knows "easy" method to get roads as layer ?

Been trying to open .img files (Garmin) but without success ( PS, Tga converter, Img viewer ) ... anyone knows some app. which may do the trick ?

any advice will be most appreciated ....

thanks in advance

Z

fly_zo Wrote:Anyone knows "easy" method to get roads as layer ?

Been trying to open .img files (Garmin) but without success ( PS, Tga converter, Img viewer ) ... anyone knows some app. which may do the trick ?

any advice will be most appreciated ....

thanks in advance

Z
Performing a logical AND operation on the map_t pixels with the value 32 (0x00100000) will give you a country road layer, using value 64 (0x01000000) a railroad layer and finally using 128 (0x10000000) a highway layer.

F.ex. Load the map_t file as a layer in your favorite graphics editor (PS, Gimp, ...), make a new layer filled with value 32 (Grayscale) and merge the new layer as "AND". Voil

[quote="Redwulf__32"]
Performing a logical AND operation on the map_t pixels with the value 32 (0x00100000) will give you a country road layer, using value 64 (0x01000000) a railroad layer and finally using 128 (0x10000000) a highway layer.

F.ex. Load the map_t file as a layer in your favorite graphics editor (PS, Gimp, ...), make a new layer filled with value 32 (Grayscale) and merge the new layer as "AND". Voil

Hi fly_zo, this is my first post, i hope this help you.

Some time ago i worked with a program that allow to open .img files, IMGTOOL. It