News from Team_SVIR: New Betaversion available 23.11

New map for Finnish/Soviet war 1939-45. It covers part of River Syv

Sounds very good.

I wait long time for a better Winter Map Wink

This is an excellent project! We need a map that can be used to portray the long fighting along the Svir, at the same time that it's welcome with a map that can be used for the many aerial clashes between Finns and Russians (and Germans) north of the Ladoga.

I've had a chance to have a peek at the beta, and it comes in both a Summer and a Winter version! Big Grin

Here are some screenies:

[Image: svir-test_2.jpg]

[Image: svir-test_1.jpg]

[Image: svir-test_3.jpg]

[Image: svir-test_5.jpg]

[Image: svir-test_4.jpg]

[Image: svir-test_6.jpg]

Miten sait noi suomen merkinn

[quote="_-JARMOPOWER-_"]Miten sait noi suomen merkinn

Nope, not the Mat Manager - it seems to be a great programme, but I've never got it going - but simply using specially made skins!

Just add "HakenAllowed=1" to your conf.ini file in [game] section after Clearcache line :

[game]
ClearCache=1
HakenAllowed=1

Works only on modded il2 thanks to the russians for this find.

Interesting project!

What is the area involved? Pics?

I have the great honor and pleasure to announce a new map making team, Team_SVIR.
Members are Mr Peter Kempf A.K.A Poltava and me, Juha Savolainen A.K.A kapteeni.
Our goal is to make a new map of SVIR front in Eastern Karelia. There were lots of air activity in the area during Continious War (1941-1944). Since the actual area is huge and our time is limited, we decited to make smaller map with only few airfields/side. That means, we can make much detailed and visually better map. Our plan is also give you a full campaign ready with the map "out-of-the-box" version. Peter can tell you more about the campaign/s and he will post some screenshots to here ASAP and during his campaign building process.
We believe that you will have a helluva time with this new actionpacked map!
Regards
kapteeni
Team_SVIR
PS Teaser movie coming soon!!!

One of the ideas with this map, is to get a map of a generic type that can be used for the many aerial combats that took place in the vast areas north of Ladoga. And not just the battles around the Svir river.

An example of such a battle are the ones fought during the Winter War by a Swedish volunteer aerial unit (the "F19") on the Salla front. So work has started on a campaign portaying the activities of that unit. The player will be flying both the (now flyable!) U2 (standing in for the B4 Hart) and the J8 Gladiator. (This will be perhaps the first campaign where you can fly the U2)

Below are some screenies, using a beta of Kapteenis Svir map:

[Image: j8a-prew-5.jpg]

[Image: j8a-prew-1.jpg]

[Image: j8a-prew-2.jpg]

[Image: j8a-prew-4.jpg]

[Image: j8a-prew-3.jpg]

[Image: j8a-prew-6.jpg]

letku Wrote:Just add "HakenAllowed=1" to your conf.ini file in [game] section after Clearcache line :

[game]
ClearCache=1
HakenAllowed=1

Works only on modded il2 thanks to the russians for this find.

Where did this come from? Never heard of this before - must have been a well kept secret !!!

I hope you'll populate it at least as nicely as your Lapland map, I really loved it M8 :!:
From the only shot showing a town it looks severely underpopulated...(even according to Oleg standards which we know has always been very economical lol)

A comrade from a Russian squad in a hyperlobby coop campaign informed me on this a long time ago.
Don't remember from what squad he was from but it was a Giap something.

Don't know if it really doesn't work in un-modded il2 so maybe someone could try if it works there also?
Now that would be a nice suprise.

lowfighter Wrote:I hope you'll populate it at least as nicely as your Lapland map, I really loved it M8 :!:
From the only shot showing a town it looks severely underpopulated...(even according to Oleg standards which we know has always been very economical lol)
http://heninen.net/aanislinna/english.htm
You hardly can call this Town nice. But I will do my best.
( If i ever learn to use actors cutter tool, i will redo Helsinki and Viipuri/Vyborg someday)

Those screenshots are from the earliest version of SVIR map. There will be more buildings and details in final version!
EDIT:
That town is really a small village. In Finland/Karelia They look like that. Lots of space between houses

lowfighter Wrote:I hope you'll populate it at least as nicely as your Lapland map, I really loved it M8 :!:

Lapland map? Where can this be found?