New Normandy map 1.0

lowfighter Wrote:I'd say use RONE hangars (and of course the default ones too)

A question: in the "farm" texture regions, are you gonna place some farm objects?
Very nice work!

In first beta there won't be farms, but when I get possitive feedback about DCG compatibility I will add them. Specially for You because I know you like them.

Thank you for feedback.

I am very close to released first beta. Cities and villages are finished ( DCG roads are cleared ).
Now I am working on airfields ( three to left).

PS Sorry for my English.

mandrill7 Wrote:Very nice. The only suggestion I might have is to perhaps work with the map_t a little and put some of the lowland textures up in the midland areas. I've been trying new textures on the Prokhorovka and Kiev maps and get the same results you do. Extensive tracts of green grassland and then "islands" of cropland between the rivers and the hills.

It doesn't look all that bad, but it might be more convincing and integrated with a little more work.

I have completely new map_t. It was my intention. Try my load.ini with default one and you will see.
Sorry but I can't explain it more because my English is very weak.

Zdenek

PS Sorry for my English

Your English is fine, Zdenek. The only change is to say "compare" instead of "try".

Did you modify the Compans textures? I notice that you have put house objects on the villages. Did you take out the 2-D compans houses first? Or just put the 3-D objects on top of them?

I also had problems matching the colours of the various Compans textures. Some were a blue-green and others a more yellow-green. Did you do any colour editing on the textures?

mandrill7 Wrote:Your English is fine, Zdenek. The only change is to say "compare" instead of "try".

Did you modify the Compans textures? I notice that you have put house objects on the villages. Did you take out the 2-D compans houses first? Or just put the 3-D objects on top of them?

I also had problems matching the colours of the various Compans textures. Some were a blue-green and others a more yellow-green. Did you do any colour editing on the textures?

I little modify colours of all textures wich I am using, because when I try put them together whitout change them the map look's ( I dont know how it say in English) very badly.

About Compans texture.
I am using only BoB fields 1 and 2, france fields 1 and mountain fields.
I think to populate them because I am not able take out the 2-D compans houses from textures
( I am not skilled with painting programs ), but I dont know yet.

Zdenek

PS Sorry for my English.

I did a lot of work on 1 of the mountain fields textures and also 1 of the coastal textures. I took out a lot of the very obvious detail that was distracting and repetitive, but left the more subtle detail on the texture. I haven't tried colour correcting yet.

The method I used to take out the detail was to copy and paste small strips of the texture onto the detail I wanted to take out using PSP7.

I would be happy to do the same to a couple of your textures and send the results back to you, if you wish?

BTW what method did you use to colour correct?

mandrill7 Wrote:I did a lot of work on 1 of the mountain fields textures and also 1 of the coastal textures. I took out a lot of the very obvious detail that was distracting and repetitive, but left the more subtle detail on the texture. I haven't tried colour correcting yet.

The method I used to take out the detail was to copy and paste small strips of the texture onto the detail I wanted to take out using PSP7.

I would be happy to do the same to a couple of your textures and send the results back to you, if you wish?

BTW what method did you use to colour correct?

Photoshop: Changed colour balance , brigtness, contrast

My modified texture download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jizyjnxzjyg

Thank you Zdenek

Thanks, m8!

Zdenek,
I modified 1 of your .tga's to remove all buildings. If you wish, I can send it back to you. Just Pm me with your email address.

Update see first post.

Freak'n nice work mate! Good on ya Wink

Not checked the new textures yet but my reasoning for the originals was:

I liked the warmth in the original Normandy textures which produce the effect of sunlight. Many add on textures are very cold in temperature. The warmth in mine does become cooler with cloud and inclement weather but the starting off point is warm.

I was very careful to reduce the amounts of dark greens and blacks that I've seen in some add on textures. It's always tempting to make things very contrasty but this tends to look like crap in game.

S! Comp

Looks fantastic, but my AMD5200 Dual-Core with 2GB RAM, GeForce 9800GT gives me an astounding 2 FPS over London - surely not? Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock:

It's lovely, but I have a couple of issues with it.

First, replace the river bank texture with more cropland. Huge tracts of swamp/ grassland along the river banks looks a little odd. If there is an issue with trees popping up in the rivers, copy and rename the cropland texture used and do not make a treeline tga for it.

Second, break up the stretches of grassland on the hills. Although the map is gorgeous, the current effect is that there is a noticeable area of riverbank, then one of farms, then one of grassland. In reality, everything would be integrated and blend in.

Has anybody else got this problem with very low FPS too?

I have around 10 FPS with perfect mode,forest=3 in low flight over countryside.
Over London it is around 5 FPS but I have weak GPU ( NVIDIA GeForce 7050 PV / NVIDIA nForce 630a ).

PS Sorry for my English.

If anybody are interested in There is one picture from beta 1.01

Caen area 5000 m

[Image: pokus1.jpg]