COMING SOON! English Channel 1940 Final Release

I'm pleased to announce that - if everything goes to plan - my English Channel 1940 final release should be out in a few weeks. So, to whet your appetite here are some screenshots (and Compans has more of the textures).

The map will feature almost 80 historically accurate and authentic airfields, dozens of brand new historical objects, a full set of brand new textures by Compans and a rescaled and resized area from the original beta.

As some of you may know, my wife and I are expecting our first child in about 2 weeks, so I've decided to release the final version without some of the airfields that I want to add etc. The plan is to release patches that add extra airfields as and when I have time.

So, stay tuned for the release, but I'm sure you'll understand if it's delayed a little Wink

Joe

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

[Image: 4.jpg]

[Image: 5.jpg]

[Image: 6.jpg]

[Image: 7.jpg]

[Image: 8.jpg]

[Image: 9.jpg]

[Image: 10.jpg]

[Image: 11.jpg]

---------

Good news both!
Good luck for the delivery from the stork :wink:

WONDERFUL!!! :lol:

I'll be sitting by the computer, with the FMB loaded and ready!

Great news Joe, but make sure the wife and baby are OK before anything else, this is a game, they are for real mate.

SSSOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to this!

GL with the wife and wee one, been through it this year myself, its quite a change Smile

Kristorf Wrote:Great news Joe, but make sure the wife and baby are OK before anything else, this is a game, they are for real mate.

Don't worry - I know my priorities Smile

I'm blown away by those screenshots - this map is going to be very special. Can't wait! Big Grin

Canon, make the most of the next couple of weeks. My daughter's just recently had her first birthday and I'm starting to wonder what I did with my time before she arrived. The best thing that's ever happened to me but needless to say my hobby time has been seriously curtailed. Tongue

Wow new objects coming! (hangar mod required?)

Loving the progress, the cliffs look amazing.

One question about the release. Will it have a default install of the Autumn tree pack, which with BoB being set at September 15th would be really authentic, or do they have to be installed manually after Sad

Great work Canon, really great, cheers, MP.

Jarmo - yes, new objects coming. I'm using both Hangar Mods by R1, but I'm also building new 3d models completely from scratch myself.

MysticPuma - I'm not a fan of the autumn trees myself, so they won't be coming with this map. The Battle of Britain starts much earlier than September anyway.

Joe

Confusedhock: Confusedhock 8) Confusedhock: Confusedhock:
Looks amazing!

That's the best news!
Your map will be cool too. Tongue

Looking forward to this 8)

[Image: catpongaq4.gif]

looks fantastic canon! you've done some really amazing for this community. looking forward to flying this. Big Grin

Finally!

Ty, m8 ... Big Grin