[DONE] Ju.88A-4/Torp

INDY(tus) Wrote:Dude, is it possible to change He-111 H6 to drop topedos separately like this one does?
Yes, it can be done, but a new slot must be added...
6S.Maraz has already started to work on it, but you can't expect it in a while.

According to Username's very useful infos (thank you again :!: ), I've started to do some little changes to cockpit tgas, removing dive references and making a round window for engine gauges (still WIP):

[Image: Ju-88A-4torpcockpit-1.jpg]

Thanks for all the effort you're putting into this char_aznable. It's the little touches that go a long way towards completing the illusion of reality - even though it's more work :wink:

In the longer term, I'd really like to see a complete re-texturing of the Ju 88 cockpit, as right now it has that unconvincing 'made from cardboard' look. Maybe someone like Fly zo would be interested in the project?

New Revi gunsight added by Gitano:

[Image: 55-1638-6648-4992.jpg]

Maraz

First reference I've found to a German torpedo sight - at least, the one fitted to He 111s (I'm guessing that the Ju 88 would have had a similar device) :wink: :

[Image: torpsight.jpg]

Seems to have been a very simple instrument. Looks to me like an ordinary glass graticule suspended in front of the bombardier's right eye, by means of a bracket attached to the right hand side of the nose framework.

[Image: torpx_001.jpg]

It might even be visible in close-ups of He 111 torpedo carrying aircraft (?)

post removed

Hi, I am unable to dl this file if I click the link I get a page of unintelligible code.

What am I doing wrong?

thanx

falco Wrote:Thank you Maratz (and all team) for your good work.Unfortunately I have discovered by installing this plane it conflict with "Tim Screenshot TGA to JPG" Mod as If I try to pick a screenshot the game crash. Removing all Ju 88 torp beta mod all go ok. I guess if this is only a problem of mine or other people who have like me:
the screenshot mod + UI AAA game structure Mod + Ju88 torp mod can give a feedback if all work right about. Thank you.

Hi Falco,
I have the same as you UI + JU88 Torp + Screenshot mods (along with a few others) and all works ok for me. I put the file that was in the screenshot mod (9782E66223D1856A) into my IL2root/Files folder.

I notice from other posts that some are putting it in their MODS folder - don't know if this will make a difference.

@db605-A/S right click on the link and either "Save Target as" if using Internet Explorer or "Save Link as" if using Firefox.

Cheers

Quelty

Thank you Quelty, I'll check better what is really wrong for me as I've also the file into "files" folder but I 've crash of game

==update==

I was using an old version of QTIM screenshot MOd (it was earlier version good only for 4.08 game ) Tongue

6S.Maraz !
I am still trying to get it going, just managed to get the FW-190A-5/U14 working Big Grin
Happy Landings
ColaBen

Thanks maraz, the separate torpedo drop is great Big Grin .

I made a simple single mission, to try it out, but couldn't save it in FMB ! ?
So I dropped the forward slash & saved it as

[quote="AJD-NZ"]Thanks maraz, the separate torpedo drop is great Big Grin .

I made a simple single mission, to try it out, but couldn't save it in FMB ! ?
So I dropped the forward slash & saved it as

The final version will benefit of some of the original parts mage by Jippo for the Ju.88, that were never integrated in game. We are using only those parts that are a big improvement on stock object (because importing the whole Jippo's model would need too much time)

New inner wing with torpedo rack
[Image: 80-8045-8626-7525.jpg]

Cockpit with new (very nicely modelled!) MGFF gun (the barrel and ammo canister can be easily seen) and Torpedo Director box the dark boc with three rotating handles seen in the lower left). This screen is still WIP (objects need a little better placement)
[Image: 37-7452-3760-6071.jpg]

Thanks Jippo !!!!! Big Grin

Cheers
Maraz

Fantastic! Can't wait for the final version. Can never have too many JU88's! Big Grin

Fantastic Work Maraz,

your Beta makes me happy alot,

so I think, I'll need a dephibrilator if you release the full version.

Great one !!

The MGFF are much much better in the new version Confusedhock: , very realistic