The Slot-possible to use in QMB?

A Most of the other Maps I've installed show up & are usable in the Sim's Quick Mission Builder, but the Slot ( Guadalcanal ) Map doesn't show up. Its definately in the Mapmoda folder & it appears in the short SBD Campaign I've played, but I can't get it to show up in my QMB menu...Have I neglected to add a line of text to my Allini. file? If so what?
Thanks!
Dietz

James, are you using QMB Plus? If so you need to have the map listed in the "[quick]" list in your game's config.ini. You also will need to have the appropriate missions in your game's Missions/Quick folder.
The missions are available for download in the missions section of this site.
When you install the mission files make a note of which version of the map the mission is using- this is the name you must use in your config.ini in order for it to work.
For example, mine looks like this;
[quick]
Custom0=NWEurope
Custom1=MTO
Custom2=Bessarabia
Custom3=Balaton
Custom4=Singapore
Custom5=Slot
Custom6=JV69_LYBIA_N-E
Custom7=SlotLate
Custom8=LAL_Okinawa
Custom9=vol_ItalyAfricaGreece
Custom10=The_Slot_1-44
Custom11=Channel
Custom12=LAL_Normandie-44
Custom13=ChannelAutE
Custom14=ChannelAutL
Custom15=V1_Summer_1944
Custom16=zip_Alpen
Best of luck.

Perfect- just the info I needed...will give it a try! Big Grin

Oh does this same list need to be added to allini. file?

No Smile

The all.ini file should have the load.ini for each new map listed- if you used a self installer such as the slot map uses, your all.ini should be alright.
The list I showed is only for the config.ini.
It's important that the name that appears in the FMB list be the same as the one in the config.ini and in the mission file.
If you do a search here under "QMB+" you should be able to find more detailed instructions.
In short, three things have to jibe, once the map is installed;
The map name in the config.ini list
The map name in the mission file
The map name in the all.ini

Murph- I've got all the maps in both config & alini files...but the Slot & several others come up "Wrong Target" when I try to use them for simple missions in Quick Mission Builder. How do I get them in "Missions" what should I do? Have not got the hang of QMT= ...but it hasn't been needed to activate all the other new maps...can you walk me thru what I should do?

Did you download and add the mission files? They need to go in your IL2/Missions/Quick folder. If you don't already have a Quick folder in there you need to create one to put those missions in.

Here's a link to the missions;
http://rs305.rapidshare.com/files/114323001/Quick.rar

Say - I've got addons to gui_ru.text...where is this located...by the way thanks for your patience!

Hey guys I've downloaded & installed quick mission from this thread & many others found in QMB+thread...& you know - They all seem to work! WOW! I have been struggling with the Maps & Missions since I found the mysterious AAA site! Now a glimmer of real success! Terrific! Big Grin