Help!7900GT best setting for online gaming

Hi all,

My PC is
GeForce 7900GT
AMD Opteron 2.0 Ghz
2GB Ram
Win XP SP3
I use Freetrack

It's very nice to play in OFF LINe, but online I have a lot of problem: the game freeze and I can't play.
When i chose low settings, it s the same !
I've a ADSL connection 4M/256k with fastpath setting and my PING is good.
Can anyone help me?
Maybe I've a bad setting for my Nvidia 7900GT?

Thanks for help.

My experience has been that online and offline play are very similar in performance. It could be a problem with the host computer or the host's internet connection speed and there will always be a pause when a player joins/respawns or when AI spawn. You can turn down your AA to 4x and turn off AF to get the most frame rates out of your graphics card. In the game ini file you can set water=2 and effects=0 or 1 to lessen the load a bit. Also, turn off the background processes running in Windows, I use FSAutoStart to eliminate processes. Also look at what programs are automatically updating. Automatic updates seem to know when I'm online and they all start updating just as I'm about to blow someone out of the sky. I turn off automatic updates.

giordino Wrote:Hi all,

My PC is
GeForce 7900GT
AMD Opteron 2.0 Ghz
2GB Ram
Win XP SP3
I use Freetrack

It's very nice to play in OFF LINe, but online I have a lot of problem: the game freeze and I can't play.
When i chose low settings, it s the same !
I've a ADSL connection 4M/256k with fastpath setting and my PING is good.
Can anyone help me?
Maybe I've a bad setting for my Nvidia 7900GT?

Thanks for help.

i dont think that its the graphics card, its your processor, but you bet, you processor is really good IMHO
whats wrong with your pocessor? you are probably running your game on multiple cores

read this article
http://il2.netteq.com/guides/multicore/ ... html#Step1

There could be a host of things you have left out. Are you running the game in OpenGL or Direct X, it's an OpenGL game, so make sure you have that checked. You did not mention what driver you are running for your video card, get the latest one from nvidia site for your GPU. Make sure you are getting the setup correct in IL-2 settings Start/All programs/ubi soft/IL2 1946/Setup for your video card. Also go to Start/Run type in dxdiag hit OK, when its done running go to the sound tab and make sure the Hardware Sound Acceleration level is set to "Standard" especially if you are using onboard sound chip and not a dedicated sound card. I have an Audigy 2 and I still set mine to standard. What ever sound you are using make sure you have the latest driver installed. If the game runs the same on and offline it might not be a firewall issue but could be a antivirus issue, try dissabling one and then both, and see if it improves your fps. One thing I have also found from way back when the game came out is to have the latest Java runtime environment package installed in your computer too. go to their website
http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp right below the download button it has the statement "Do I have Java" hit that button and it will scan your puter and tell you what you have, and recommend a download to get you up to speed. Make sure all your Cat 5 cables are good from your puter to your modem. Other than that there's no telling what could be your problem. Also go download Crap Cleaner at this site http://www.ccleaner.com/ read the tutorial and run the Cleaner and registry cleaner, and do that at least once a week, the first time you run it, it will take a bit, and you will not believe the amount of Crap you have in your temp files and bad install strings, and registry entries.

Good luck.......................

aka: =DFA= BeoWolf

Hi. I don't know if my experience could help you. But lets try.
I got some problems like you are having. After read and search and many, many foruns and hours testing, I realized that the problem was with my PSU.
I changed my previous Seventeen 420 to Zalman 460. All problems gone. No more crash, Off line RPS average 80 and on line 40, using same settings.
My current "config.ini" and hardware are:

[window]
width=1280
height=1024
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=1
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
EnableResize=0
EnableClose=1
SaveAspect=0
Use3Renders=0
change SaveAspect=0

[Render_OpenGL]
TexQual=3
TexMipFilter=2
TexCompress=0
TexFlags.UseDither=1
TexFlags.UseAlpha=0
TexFlags.UseIndex=0
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=1
TexFlags.UseClampedSprites=0
TexFlags.DrawLandByTriangles=1
TexFlags.UseVertexArrays=1
TexFlags.DisableAPIExtensions=0
TexFlags.ARBMultitextureExt=1
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineExt=1
TexFlags.SecondaryColorExt=1
TexFlags.VertexArrayExt=1
TexFlags.ClipHintExt=0
TexFlags.UsePaletteExt=0
TexFlags.TexAnisotropicExt=1
TexFlags.TexCompressARBExt=1

TexFlags.TexEnvCombine4NV=1
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineDot3=1
TexFlags.DepthClampNV=1
TexFlags.SeparateSpecular=1
TexFlags.TextureShaderNV=1

HardwareShaders=1

Shadows=2
Specular=2
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
VisibilityDistance=2

Sky=2
Forest=2
LandShading=3
LandDetails=2

LandGeom=2
TexLarge=1
TexLandQual=3
TexLandLarge=1

VideoSetupId=17

Water=2
Effects=1
ForceShaders1x=0
TypeClouds=1
PolygonOffsetFactor=-0.15
PolygonOffsetUnits=-3.0

ASUS K8V DeLuxe| Athlon X2 4200+ |
G.Skill F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS 2.5 3 3 6 |
Seagate 200Gb HD + Samsung 160Gb - SATA1|
BFG 7800GS OC 256mb 430@1345 Forceware 177.92|
Windows-XP SP3| MS FFB 2; ThrustmasterT. Flight Stick|
Zalman ZM460-APS |LG LCD 19" Fantasy

PS. My better and stable install was made using "pure" 4.08M + UNIFIED INSTALLER