[WIP] Reworked bomb models

Very excellent work!

Thanks Big Grin

Anyone interested in a corrected X-4? The old one was a bit out of proportion. Wink

[Image: render_1-3.jpg]

[Image: render_2-2.jpg]

Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Very nice Zorin!!

i've just clicked through this thread from start to finish and HOLY FRIKKEN MOLY is there some talent in here! I can't believe Oleg got away with some of the travesties I've seen in this thread! The new ordnance is the bomb!

I don't even know what to say anymore... Confusedhock: 8)

!!! Smile Smile Smile

Zorin Wrote:first in-game shots

[Image: mk13_3.jpg]

[Image: mk13_2.jpg]

[Image: mk13_1.jpg]

A little extra. Viewport in Max, just so you know that the SoW stuff isn't black magic. You pretty much get SoW quality here already, all it lacks is the new engine to look as cool as it could Wink

[Image: render_3-2.jpg]

Very nice work Zorin they look realy good but the mk 13 torpedo coulour like that during WW2 ?

Two interesting instructional video's on Mk13 with Avenger HERE

These are war time photographs of MK 13.

[Image: g298609.jpg]

[Image: g284708.jpg]

[Image: 122464%20P2V-2%2011MAY51%20CLK%20NP45-038254.jpg]

Maybe I can darken the colours a little, but the overall scheme is accurate.

Zorin Wrote:Maybe I can darken the colours a little, but the overall scheme is accurate.

... and finally release it... Tongue :lol:

Zorin Wrote:These are war time photographs of MK 13.

[Image: g298609.jpg]

[Image: g284708.jpg]

[Image: 122464%20P2V-2%2011MAY51%20CLK%20NP45-038254.jpg]

Maybe I can darken the colours a little, but the overall scheme is accurate.

Thanks for the reply zorin Smile The overall scheme looks realy realistic . Good job on doing the Torpedoes they look like real Big Grin

This comparison shows the result of following TD rules set for ordnance meshes regarding texture size and triangle count. As you can see, the details had to be deleted, along with the refined transition of shell body and rear assembly. Additionally, due to the fact that the tail assembly should be created via Alpha Cut, the skin had to be resized to 256x256, yet including an alpha channel keeps it equal with the 512x512 skin that doesn't need a Alpha channel.

Further more, the next smaller bomb needs to be build with less than 200 triangles, which can only be achieved by reducing the 12 sided cylinder base mesh, which in turn leads us back to the eight sided cylinder the old mesh was represented by.

Let us not forget that all bombs should at best share the same skin file. This leads us to having the same tail assembly on all bombs (historically incorrect), the same lettering (historically incorrect) and a further reduction in skin quality, to keep the resolution on different sized bomb bodies equal.

I don't see the point in spending month on research and building to end up with something that looks like build in the year 2000. That is no my idea of improvement.

My models have been in game with all mod packs and as separate downloads and therefor are in use by, most likely, every MOD user out there and not ONE has had a complaint so far. They were used on simulated mass bombing raids and had no negative effect, so why should I not build them the way I did?

Just give me ONE GOOD reason.

[Image: comp_d.jpg]

Well, you aren't team daidalos are you? There is nothing stopping you from making a little rocket with over a thousand triangles, although that is over the top. They don't have to be released in official patches which must follow regulations either... people who want proper ordinance should be able to download it. If they can't run such high poly things (very very unlikely for bombs etc...) then they can just keep to the old il2 ordinance which is basically the same in the way i see it as the team daidalos regulations...

So keep going the way you are. No one is going to stop you.

Good Luck!

Zorin, it's the little details like your ordinance that makes this game so fascinating. Please continue with what you're doing! :wink:

Zorin are you going to do Reworked napalm tanks please ?