[MOD] Pacific Atolls by Hispano Belgian team

Delvpier and I are proud to present our second job. This time a generic map of the Pacific displaying two atolss that can be useful for early war or late war. Both have a runway and a hidroplane base, both generic ones with no flags so you can use them as Japanese or American/British bases.
Well the download link and some pics:

(The link is inoperative)

[Image: Atolls1.jpg]

[Image: Atolls5.jpg]

[Image: Atolls2.jpg]

[Image: Atolls4.jpg]

[Image: Atolls3.jpg]

Hope you like it

Thank's to Fly_zo for his help

I like every new map. Good work.

Big Grin I'm downloading right now... because I have only seen it empty :wink:

I hope to update someday with some waves effects on beaches, like below...

[Image: Surf_1.jpg]

[Image: Surf_2.jpg]

Thanx Guys, Smile

Cheers, Neil Smile

Nice places there (to stay for a week or so ;-)). The water work is great and there are more roads then in some other maps ,-)

yeah its great holiday in pacific Smile

I like the way you have the water sopping onto the sand tidily.

Great map! Thank you! Big Grin

this is a wonderful little map...very well done.

i liked it so well that i've done a little DCG campaign for it...available from a link in the IL2 Campaign section (this site) under DCG Atolls Campaign heading.

i had to add very little useful FMB items, as you guys did a great job of placing realistic buildings and such. lovely job on the trees too. jungles look good, as do the beaches. airfields are great too...but if i may add, the green grass textures of the runways need to be a darker brown to simulate gravel, coral or rock. otherwise they work a treat. Big Grin one other small thing...occasionally i get planes that taxi (only when landing) into the concrete revetments on the lower island airfield. not a problem with the northern airfield that i can see. otherwise, works great.

really, you guys did great with this. and i plan on doing several more DCG campaigns using the Atoll map...ie a Night Fighter one (already in progress) and possibly a Bomber one. i'd be honored to work on campaigns for any of your other maps in progress as well.

thanks for this fine work. Big Grin

Beowolff

stunning map

many thanks comrades Big Grin

Is it ok to use in the UI install? Looks great!

Bombsaway Wrote:Is it ok to use in the UI install? Looks great!

yes it is fine. just add it manually... the way you'd add it any other third party mod map. i've been using it constantly and have had no trouble with it and i have the UI install. they really ought to just add it to the next UI update. it's a great little map.

Thanks, put it in my UI install and looks great! I have allready made two missions with it. The water looks really good. Hope to see more pacific maps as good as this.

Did anybody notice or is it just me that the Northern Island airstrip is difficult to land? No matter what I tried on landing, my A6M2 ends up upside down. It seems the runway is real bumpy.
Please don't get me wrong, I love this map, it's just I tried landing over a dozen times and still no luck. If anyone can help me out on this, I'd really appreciate it. Best Regards Big Grin

I dont know how to "fix" the landing strip but what I did is open the map in full mission builder and placed a test runway, number 3 I believe, and it works great.