Last Patch version for thailand map...

Last Patch version

http://www.4shared.com/file/68846389/2b ... 91008.html

includes airstrips at Hlegu and Heho plus newer textures in places where they were very repetetive.
Many towns have buildings added including some small ones which weren't populated before.
I also cut-out the awful looking diagonal canals around the Bangkok area and just left the straight ones.

I need to lay this map to rest ... and get to work upon the Burma ones

I used some of my new rivers and canals..so you need that (below)

and I also used the 'forgotten' bamboo huts which are in everyones static.ini...but not correctly activated...(see below)

make sure you have these installed first.... or the map will not save missions

viewtopic.php?t=8768

viewtopic.php?t=8844&highlight=lost+buildings

Good news! , you have done an awesome work and put a lot of effort in this map. This lone map adds millions of hours to play, and Burma map will add a whole war (1942-1945)...Keep up the good work and count with us for any info we can provide or found.

Fred, thanks again for your hard work!

However, I'm a bit confused. I do not seem to have a static.ini file anywhere in any of the folders!

Oddly enough I do have one in an old backup of my MODS folder.

I've previously installed lots of maps, including Thailand, and odds and ends like the Hangar Mod, and of course the UI and some newer aircraft. The game seems to run okay but surely it's missing a lot of objects?

Could I have 'lost' the static.ini somehow?

Another thought is, how much would be missing if I just copy the backup file? It doesn't seem to have your CatPlate section for example...

Vacillator, the 'lost'static file can be found in fred's second link, at the bottom of the first post... :wink:
And, fred, thanks for the update...i've been on a 3 month enforced hiatus from IL2, after a double hard drive crash... Cry . Only just getting the sim back to its former glory now, and this map was one i'm keen on... :lol: Big Grin

Thanks Bigboss

I've got the downloaded static.ini plus an old backup, was just wondering why I haven't got one anywhere in my 1946 folder...

Also if I start to use the backup, how many entries am I missing - things like fred's previous additions, the Hangar mod additions etc.?

Anyway glad you're up and running again :wink:

All sorted now Fabianfred that I have installed your canal folder and changed the static.ini as you instructed. You have done a tremendous job with this map, thank you very much for all your efforts.

Wishing you the very best, Pete.

Vacillator...... nowadays they are recommending we keep all our static/air/chiefs/technics ini's in the MODS/STD/com/maddox/il2/objects folder

Thanks fred, just need to check what's missing from my backup file. Already I think I've noticed a few extra objects on certain maps...

checking the console (shift/Tab) when opening the map in the FMB should tell you if any objects are missing and which ones

Still have the texture problem for the new airbases :? . Downloaded all the plates, no joy.

MrOblongo Wrote:Still have the texture problem for the new airbases :? . Downloaded all the plates, no joy.

...and amended the static.ini ?

should be this one.... check and see if you made any spelling mistakes

[buildings.Plate$Catstrip]
Title strip
Mesh 3do/airfield/Cat/strip/mono.sim

fabianfred Wrote:
MrOblongo Wrote:Still have the texture problem for the new airbases :? . Downloaded all the plates, no joy.

...and amended the static.ini ?

should be this one.... check and see if you made any spelling mistakes

[buildings.Plate$Catstrip]
Title strip
Mesh 3do/airfield/Cat/strip/mono.sim

I have the same issue with new strips and " Mudon" ( Mudon" has been like this since I orinally downloaded this map). Do we add the above refrenced or replace lines in the Staticini? I do not have these lines in my Staticini. Are there any other download " plates " other than the the new files in your first post.

Outstanding map by the way. It is beautiful to fly over for sight seeing alone.

Where is the link for those CAT plates?. Seems like i dont have them.

the CAT plates came with the Full version of this map...in the completed maps section with an AAA download...

the rivers and canals are just extras...added to the old set of CAT plates

The CAT plates also include the plates for Toungoo old moated city and the two plates for Angkor Wat

I'm away from my game computer...i can upload a pack of just the plates to my site....tomorrow

now a new map pack with the rivers and patch included

http://www.4shared.com/dir/4397598/27d3 ... aring.html