[WIP] Darwin Defenders

The Darwin map is such a gem that I couldn't resist also making a Allied - i.e. US - campaign for it.

During most of 1942 it was a US Fighter Group, the 49th, that defended Darwin from the furious Japanese aerial attacks. They stayed there for five months, and during that time they destroyed 72 Japanese aircraft while losing only 17 P-40's themselves.

One could argue that it was over Darwin that the newly born myth of Japanese aerial invincibility was punctured for the first time.

[Image: darwindefenders-logo-wip.jpg]

This is still work in progress. The campaign itself is built, and consists of 16 missions. It is now being playtested by a volunteer Down Under. If there any others willing to give it a spin - especially people with more knowledge regarding USAAF matters than yours truly - just give me your email via the PM, and I will bung it over. You will of course be credited!

Great, looking forward to it, Thanx.

Cheers, Neil Smile

Wonderful, a new great campaigns awaits his beginning!
Looking forward it and the fun it brings with them. Big Grin

Great project !! :wink:

If this isn't modded I could test it. My dad (jruuskanen) knows a lot about USAAF and we have lots of books about it home.

You can download it at Mission4Today!

wow nice campaign lots of action,P4E Vs Zero is a good match.Lots of Bettys to shoot down too Smile
very nice map great job 8)