(BETA) Zimbotho 0.6

I received messages from people asking for updates, so I've put together this package.

Version 0.6
===========
- Second public beta.
- Airfields almost complete. Layouts finalised, markers and signals squares added where appropriate.
- Approximately 95% of landscape texturing complete.
- Temporary map_F.tga file updated. Anything less than 'perfect' graphics mode might notice anomalies.
- Road and rail network extended and 50/60% complete.
- Limited scenic work.
- Rough ground errors at some airfields.
- Not completely compatible with DCG.

To Do
====
- Lots and lots of object placement.
- Formalise default or new towns/villages.

Required Downloads
=============

Zimbotho Beta 0.6...
http://www.mediafire.com/?gjfzydyqgr2

LAL_Rone's Hangar 2 Mod...
(The link is inoperative)

Caldrails Tarmac Plate Mod...
viewtopic.php?t=9433

Installation
=======

Please find the 'Install this mod.txt' file inside the beta download.

I hope you enjoy what I've done so far. Please feel free to provide any feedback, good or bad, and any suggestions will be considered.

Hmm. Downloading it right now...

Oh its 4.09 so i dont download it... :roll:
Can i play online 4.08 servers with 4.09?

Jamrmopower. if you have the AAA Mod then you have 4.09, as an option, when starting up!

Installed ok, but can't save missions in FMB...
i have 409, and LAL's hangar 2 mod installed...
I've just done a fresh install with the UI mod, with the hangar mod installed,
what else might I be missing..??? :?:

I dont have unified installer what gives you a version changing BAT-file..

I'm downloading right now, about saving issues, is a problem we have with new mpas sometimes. Remember my Pacific Extended islands? No one can save until I erased all Rone hangars mods used there. Then no more problems

I haven't had any save issues with the map at any stage. Usually I find this problem when the 'all.ini' entry is in the wrong place. Other than that, I don't really know why it isn't working for you.

I'm having a problem with loading the map. Won't load at all.

I've installed all other maps so far and they've all worked. I have the hangar mods installed as well and they give no problems.

But so far no loading for this new map. I'll fiddle around a bit, but haven't really found anything yet. Any suggestions are more than welcome since this is a map with landscape types I've really been looking forward to.

Ok, lets run through a checklist of what might be wrong.

I can't see any missing files, but in the load.ini (found in /MODS/MAPMODS/map/CAL_Zimbotho) I haven't included any editor map 03 entry. You'll see two entries in the MAP2D section. That works for me. However, if you like, try making a third map (you need to open cald_ed_map02.tga in a graphics editor and scale it in half. Save the new one as cald_ed_map03.tga and add an entry in load.ini to see if that works for you. If it does, I'll issue a patch/update the download accordingly.

Thanks for suggesting the above, but it didn't really help.

I keep getting the following message :

Section [MAP2D] not found in 'maps/Cal-Zimbotho/load.in

I get that message both with and without the changes you suggested.

Just installed the map, it loads and save without problem. Have to say that is a very well done map, with an amazing potential.
Caldrail as you may know I'm a map maker, tell me If you need help populating the map or something else

Cheers Mr RealDarko.

For those still having problems, check your files and folders are in this order...

MODS
MAPMODS
maps
_Tex
land
summer
CAL_Zimbotho

African_Airfield.BumpH
African_Airfield.tga
African_Crops.BumpH
African_Crops.tga
African_Rough.BumpH
African_Rough.tga
African_Sand.BumpH
African_Sand.tga
African_Scrub.BumpH
African_Scrub.tga
fsmd_mount3_cald.BumpH
fsmd_mount3_cald.tga
fsmd_mount3base.BumpH
fsmd_mount3base.tga

MODS
MAPMODS
maps
CAL_Zimbotho

actors.static
cald_ed_m01.tga
cald_ed_m02.tga
labels.txt
load.ini
map_c.tga
map_c.tga_table
map_F.tga
map_H.tga
Map_T.tga
texts.txt
TowLoad.raw

Quote:Section [MAP2D] not found in 'maps/Cal-Zimbotho/load.in

You get that when the game can't find a map file. By default I use two, cald_ed_m01.tga & cald_ed_m02.tga. If they're in the right folder, there shouldn't be a problem with it.

Got it. Is your folder name correct?

You wrote CAL-Zimbotho above. It should be CAL_Zimbotho. Use the underscore, not a hyphen.

You wrote CAL-Zimbotho above. It should be CAL_Zimbotho. Use the underscore, not a hyphen.
_________

My typing mistake. I had to manually retype the error message from FMB instead of copy/pasting it. My folder has the correct name with the underscore.