[Download] Bessarabia - New population V.1.1 final

Read notes to former version below first!

--------------------------
Changes in V.1.1:

Most added bigger buildings exchanged to smaler ones, industry mostly removed.
Much more trees.
Some issues (even in the original map) fixed.

Installation: Just use the installer. It installs into the original Bassarabia folder, so existing files will be overwritten. If you want this mod as a map of its own, follow the instructions in the _readme.txt after installation.

Due to the changes the actors.static file with the buildings is quite big now. It contains over 200.000 more objects than the former version. If you play a mission directly from the fmb and load one of the three till now existing other realy big maps ;-) afterwards, there may be a crash to desktop. This is a harmless bug, no data is lost. So don't be a ctd-whiner!

This is the final version of my Bessarabia mapmod.

Download V.1.1 here:

http://allaircraftsimulations.com/Bessarabia_V.1.1.zip

EEDS LINK-------------------------------------
Notes to former Version:

The Bessarabia map sadly seems to be half forgotten. The map is nicely done, but population is quite thin and there are only big citys and no small villages.

So i closed the widest gaps between the buildings in the towns and added a few thousend small villages too. All together i added 628.134 buildings and planted 115.058 tree groups. Total number of objects is about a million now. So the map looks more populated and, as i hope, is more interesting.

I also added the new villages to the overview/mini map.

Installation: Fly_zo made an installer again (Many thanks), just use that. It installs in to the "original" mapmods folder, so when playing online it is compatible to players without that special map mod. Such a player will not see the added buildings and villages of course. To return to the original version just delete all files in the mods\mapmods\maps\Bessarabia folder except the "load.ini".

thx for expand Bessarabia map

Yeah, nice addition, looks nice and populated!

It certainly looks more colorful and varied, a nice idea!
About villages though, Bessarabia was very much agricultural then, generally no industry buildings and no city-like (multistore) houses even in the big villages (maybe with very very few exceptions, I don't know). Bigger buildings: just a few like the school, the mayor (administration) house and of course the churches...possible to refine your village model?
EDIT: hehe, I forgot to add to the bigger buildings the "pubs" (maybe 1 or 2 in a big village) and the stores( again maybe 1 or 2)

lowfighter Wrote:It certainly looks more colorful and varied, a nice idea!
About villages though, Bessarabia was very much agricultural then, generally no industry buildings and no city-like (multistore) houses even in the big villages (maybe with very very few exceptions, I don't know). Bigger buildings: just a few like the school, the mayor (administration) house and of course the churches...possible to refine your village model?
EDIT: hehe, I forgot to add to the bigger buildings the "pubs" (maybe 1 or 2 in a big village) and the stores( again maybe 1 or 2)

ah yes..... the churches :wink:

nice work zipzapp, much appreciated

Z

No problem. I just have to tell my rig to exchange some buildings. But my rig will ask me "What buildings? And exchange with what"? And this is not easy to say, so it will take some days to V 1.1. I don't mention here, that my rig also did not understand my "Don't populate airports. Never. Under no circumstances" in some few cases. It's a little bit stupid sometimes;-)

Must've taken ages to do this. Thanks for sharing it, and good work! :wink:

Some thoughts:
Alll Slovakia rurals+urbans go perfectly with Bessarabia. The "school" you already used it's that longish one store city Slovakian building...I'll think more and if you can wait a couple of days I can ask on the Romanian il2 forum for more info or opinions..
Wells here and there, and I think more trees...

As lowfighter said, Slovakia villages go nicely with Romania-Moldova of that year and would be easy to implement... I guess.

I will try to ask some of the squadron guys that may have more info on this to bring it to light. Unfortunately our work was only on the rivers, roads, cities (placement, size and names), airfields and rails. The terrain was worked in the "studio" of the map autor, so was to population with buildings of the cities and airfields.

I'll keep you posted.

It looks beautiful, but I wish it didn't take over the default Bess. map. Is there any way to make it a new map?

Hi.

I detect a problem with this MOD, at least for me Cry

In many villages, the buildings do not appear, are lost partially or completely

[Image: background001fxx7.jpg]
[Image: background002fmr3.jpg]
[Image: background003fgy6.jpg]

Zipzapp, I hope I'm not bothering you too much, we've been talking on the Romanian il2 forum, and we pretty much agreed that the Slovakian model (the texture and the object placement on it) would be a good representation of the Bessarabia villages.

Berserker, that seem to be the Iasi Online or the Odessa Online maps (check), those only have populated towns in the red square areas...just a thought. Sometimes with vp_media textures i had problems loading the Online maps (Bessarabia and Slovakia ones). Maybe is something related to that :? .

Berserker, thats my population file #14 - i deleted a part of it for testing puposes and forgot to return to the the original file than. It's a small stripe western and eastern of Leova (Grid AN13), if i remember well. Will be fixed. If you saw it otherwards, please report.

Lowfighter, changing the textures should be a matter of minutes. If i remember well, the slovakia textures are compatible with the standard ones in matter of roads and ways. I'm quite shure about the country textures, i didn't try out the citys (or don't remember). If not, i would have to create completly new templates, that would be to time consuming and creating templates is the most hated job in map modding ;-). But which textures shall i take? And exchange them only in the new villages or also in the citys? Just tell. There is also the texture rom_Dcountry.tga (the checkered one) at some places i don't like so much, but i have no template for it. If your comrades like to create one, they can just send it to me. - Buildings are already changed, also there are not only the slovakian ones.

Hi zipzapp Smile

I detect this problem in some villages .

Deleni located in AJ-14

A undated village in AJ-13

Hoceni located in AL-14

In another villages, apparently the buildings, are not placed in the correct position (I think).

But anyway, the populated areas, are much better now with your MOD than in the default map :wink: , well done mate

I await for the update.

Greetings