23 new ground textures for BoB

I was going to release these with Cannon's new Channel map but he's busy with the nipper at present (best wishes to your family Joe!) so I've decided to release them to the community. These were designed for 'painting' onto the map so I've not experimented too much with where to place in load.ini. Any suggestions are welcome. Also, no tree files as yet but if anyone fancies it...be my guest. Here's the link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a9t2sk

or

Compans_ground_textures.rar:
http://files.filefront.com/Compans+grou ... einfo.html

Please note that the two original 'BoB_field' textures have been altered slightly so if prompted, overwrite them (or not). The scale of the buildings was altered.
French fields 1 and 2 work equally well for British landscape, though the buildings have red roofs to provide a sense of 'foreign-ness'. The 'mountain field' textures work best for cliff edges if you're working with the beta channel map. Feel free to experiment!

S! Comp

scrubland/mountain
[Image: spit137yu6.jpg]

[Image: spit135oy2.jpg]

[Image: spit200yy0.jpg]

[Image: spit203ao6.jpg]

[Image: spit201yr5.jpg]

[Image: spit204ef1.jpg]

[Image: spit205vk2.jpg]

Dutch
[Image: spit143cc5.jpg]

[Image: spit139dk0.jpg]

[Image: spit145pl0.jpg]

[Image: spit222ew6.jpg]

France
[Image: spit146ts7.jpg]

[Image: spit149qs0.jpg]

[Image: spit150xu3.jpg]

[Image: spit188tp9.jpg]

[Image: spit192ko2.jpg]

[Image: spit150zn1.jpg]

Abbeville
[Image: spit197mg8.jpg]

[Image: spit193zx7.jpg]

[Image: spit156ji3.jpg]

[Image: spit158ft2.jpg]

French Village
[Image: spit215ate8.jpg]

[Image: spit215abkd3.jpg]

French city
[Image: spit175oh0.jpg]

[Image: spit174oo2.jpg]

[Image: spit177mz8.jpg]

[Image: spit179cj9.jpg]

[Image: spit185up5.jpg]

London
[Image: spit209fl8.jpg]

[Image: spit212aj9.jpg]

[Image: spit216fq5.jpg]

[Image: spit163qa5.jpg]

[Image: spit210be6.jpg]

Suburbs
[Image: spit170lw2.jpg]

English village
[Image: spit214yk7.jpg]

[Image: spit215qf3.jpg]

Industrial
[Image: spit168bas4.jpg]

[Image: spit166ui7.jpg]

[Image: spit167hi4.jpg]

[Image: spit168tq6.jpg]

[Image: spit168alr2.jpg]

Chalk
[Image: spit206bl0.jpg]

[Image: spit208cx2.jpg]

Heinkel
[Image: spit219ld4.jpg]

Holy Crap Confusedhock:

The ground looks like a photo from that altitude! Errr.... thankyou! - but that dosen't really cover it does it?

We are in your debt

Pirate Smile

This I have been looking forward to with great enthusiasm, but can you kindly tell me where I am suppose to put this marvelous work of yours? Smile

And how does one go about using these great textures on maps? Or better yet, even replacing them in some maps? Smile

.... woow , i'm speechless Big Grin

many, many thanks for sharing .... it is most appreciated

BTW, do you need to get those uploaded on AAA server .... easier access ,and can get posted in texture download section ?

Z

Now, those screen shots are absolutely, absolutely Stunning.Thanks for sharing. Confusedhock:

Wonderful! do they have a .tree file as well?

AIRdomination Wrote:This I have been looking forward to with great enthusiasm, but can you kindly tell me where I am suppose to put this marvelous work of yours? Smile

And how does one go about using these great textures on maps? Or better yet, even replacing them in some maps? Smile

Would love to know this too!!!

eddie01 Wrote:
AIRdomination Wrote:This I have been looking forward to with great enthusiasm, but can you kindly tell me where I am suppose to put this marvelous work of yours? Smile

Open the Load.ini of that map, replace a line, and check it in game (Lowlands, Midlands)
It's mainly by trial and error.

These textures are just sweet, Compans!!!
BoB:SoW might have some stiff competition here, Oleg's gonna have to up the ante quite a bit, it seems!! Big Grin :lol: 8)

reflected Wrote:
eddie01 Wrote:

Open the Load.ini of that map, replace a line, and check it in game (Lowlands, Midlands)
It's mainly by trial and error.

Thank you very much for a great body of work! Appreciate this info on how to use these files also! Big Grin l

Those shots look beautiful - many thanks for the great work :wink: :wink: :wink:

Fly_zo mentioned uploading these to AAA for download....if it can be arranged, I'd appreciate it -
I can't get past the advertising page on that link.... Sad
Some of these textures would do my upcoming map great justice!!! :lol: :lol:
Simply awesome!! Big Grin