(mod request) reload/refuel upon landing.

Is there a way to reset the flying session, even if only in single player mode and yet continue the mission. To effectively refuel and rearm but retain other aspects of the mission in a continuous fashion. For one thing it provides an incentive to learn how to land, moreso than just something extra to do when the mission is completed.

Perhaps is there some way of exchanging player aircraft upon landing. There are many historical examples of this.

I've made mods for Kotor & TSL but KotorTool makes that easy as pie. I suppose I'll have to start downloading extraction tools for Il2 (not made any easier by the restricted access). I can do really basic scripting and so on, have some compilers and such.
Any pointers on where to start? Which files control player aircraft characteristics (no I do not mean FM/DM/WM or anything like that, just mission characteristics).

Perfect result would be a selectable option on a key binding, so upon landing you can switch planes (same type, just a fresh one, armed and fuelled). But the mission is continuous. I've got to tell the engine you've just restarted the mission, but not to dump its memory allocation, or something like that.

Help?

..... please, watch where you're posting .... you are not a newbie here anymore

moved
Z

Sorry, bit tired :oops: I'll be more watchful.

You could possibly make it like Battlefield 1942. Hear me out, guys! When you land a spit or aircraft in that, if you taxi to a certain place, your ammo supplies are slowly replenished, so maybe we could do that. Land and taxi to a position and wait 1-2minutes for ammo to be restocked. But no healing an aircraft. Its too complex and a bit lame. Even better, wait 10 minutes for a full reload -- go make a cup of tea or something, and in online matches pray you don't get strafed!

--edit--
actually, that was just my suggestion, i've no idea if it can be done at all. I'm one of the great morons with no modding skills whatsoever! Big Grin Ignorance is bliss, and i'm in awe of those who can!

Annoying the annoying, so you don't have to.
[Image: 29p95pf.gif]

I dunno, historically pilots landed and switched planes for refuelled/armed ones ready to go. Look at Pearl Harbour, where a tiny handful of US Army pilots took up P-36 and P-40s, whatever was laying around and kept up combat operations for about two hours, just landing and jumping in the next bird before heading back up.

I'm just hoping I can adapt modding the aurora engine to this, which isn't going to be easy because toolkits did all the complicated stuff for you and then it was just a matter of compilers and off you go.

It's like the difference between tuning an engine using a laptop ECU interface and starting off with a bunch of unrecognisable parts laying all over the garage floor and a feeler guage.

Good Idea

There was F/A 18 Korea (98_99) where you had to taxi to a special place, on land or aircraft carrier,
to be instantly refuelled and reloaded.
That for the good things
Bad things, first it was too quick (no realistic), and you couldn't change the load selected before, to a new one.
Mean if you're comming from bombing somewhere, and wanted to go again defend your friends you're to go with your bombs or rockets selected on the first tour!

Hi lads!
i don't think people would do that...i mean land, wait a couple of minutes, hope not to be vulched just to have new fuel and ammo. i mean the reason why people play that game is cuz they want to fly and if they have to land for some reason they want to be airborne again as fast as possible. so why wait 2 minutes if you can press refly what has the same efect and what takes 5 seconds (unless there is too much lag)?
but ayway, it is a nice idea cuz it would make the game more realistic...
greets
Charger

i think hes thinking about offline plane Segelflieger and since we cant have the ability to jump out of planes into new ones its a nice idea.

question is tho how long would a well trained ground crew take to rearm refuel a plane?

I may have this wrong, but cant you record all the current positions, and damage states of the aircraft by recording a brief ntrk file at the end of the mission?

Could the info in the ntrk then be "processed" to provide a starting condition for the next mission?

I dont know the answers to these questions. Its just a thought.

hmmm.... ask Kegetys about jumping in or out of planes, as for how long a well trained ground crew take to service a plane er.... it something around 30 minuets to inspect for damage, re-fuel, re-arm ect...

I would be cool for offline play & for coop, but for DF its not worth it and I'm guessing make this mod it would take alot of time / resources.

For one thing,most maps are too small to need a re-fuel.The new one's being built may be large enough,I don't know for sure.Most stock maps are way to samll to need it.

8) bump..

Yeh taxi to a marked spot, or like in FSX, if you park in front of a fuel pump your gauge will rise..For a full tank it'd take like 30 secs or so..To lower chances of being vulched you taxi inside a hangar and are protected but takes longer to refuel, would be great for single-multi/coops..