My dream for Xmas : Cruise on the Nile

Some years ago I promised my niece to go to Egypt... unfortunately, now she is a student in History License... and I never had money enough to keep my promise...

So I dreamed of this map for Xmas gift...

[Image: EgyptMap.jpg]

Over Louxor

[Image: OverLouxor.jpg]

El Alamein battlefield

[Image: ElAlameinBattlefield.jpg]

But there are some problems :

the biggest one, the lack of objects to represent Egyptian ancien monuments... even for Pyramids (you can try to make one by dealing with heights but it gives bad looking)... even more for others Sphinx, Temples... I tried to start learning how to make 3d models in 3ds Max but it is really too hard for me... even if I get one, how to import in game ??? Too much for me

If someone is interested by making a set of Egyptian ancient monuments for Il-2... he's welcome :wink:

an other one is the lack of basic buildings to make "arabic looking" cities... CrimeaBarnStucco is the nearest one but it needs to be reskinned...

I was also very disappointed by poor results of searching informations about egyptian airfields used by Desert Air Forces...

So one month before Xmas... it's still a dream :roll:

... would be nice if someone model pyramids to go with it as new objects

looking forward to this one Big Grin

already have inflight music ... Patsy Cline

Code:
See the pyramids around the Nile
Watch the sun rise
From the tropic isle
Just remember darling
All the while
You belong to me
See the market place
In old Algiers
Send me photographs and souvenirs
Just remember
When a dream appears
You belong to me

That's a nice song Zo, I have the Bob Dylan version!
Pyramids: if you have patience you can build a reasonable looking one I think by taking that port block and clone it with different heights, such that you build the pyramid from them blocks of different heights, that's a general nice idea of Fisneaky, see here for illustration..

viewtopic.php?t=4412&start=0

Hm, maybe there's an other object even better suited for that, I don't know :?

I have some arabesque building skins I did for SB-Pro PE and If someone did the model and gave me the UV map I would be happy to participate.

1517.jpg (The link is inoperative)

I went on a cruise down the Nile this summer; it was awesome! :wink:

Looking good! I'm glad there's a possibility of new objects too! 8)

I hope your niece plays Il-2 delvpier! :lol:

lowfighter Wrote:That's a nice song Zo, I have the Bob Dylan version!
Pyramids: if you have patience you can build a reasonable looking one I think by taking that port block and clone it with different heights, such that you build the pyramid from them blocks of different heights, that's a general nice idea of Fisneaky, see here for illustration..

or maybe i could just do this :wink:

viewtopic.php?t=1102&highlight=pyramids

Z

Yeeeez! MMMM Nile!

Yes! But coud we somehow make the pyramid distinguish "a bit" from the background desert texture?! How can you do that? Maybe on the line of delvpier airport texture idea?

fly_zo Wrote:

or maybe i could just do this :wink:

Z

If someone are on to make Ancient monuments, could they consider adding a few standing stones and crossbeams for making Stonehenge as well?

Thanks for the link... but I'm not sure I understand all things... :roll:

I will try again tomorrow with fresh neurones :wink:

fly_zo Wrote:or maybe i could just do this :wink:

Z

Yes I know... but, as you know :wink: , those pyramids are not real squares, they are much more hexagonal ones...

so depending orientation of point of view, you have two good looking sides and two really bad looking sides... :wink:

Congompasse Wrote:I have some arabesque building skins I did for SB-Pro PE and If someone did the model and gave me the UV map I would be happy to participate.

It is good looking, that's the kind if things we could use on this map.

But at this time, I don't even know if it is possible to import new objects in game. I don't remember if it has already be done... tweaking skins of existing objects yes but real new ones ??? I think I didn't see any !

Seeing possibilities to import objects in Google with Google SketchUp, I thought I should be easy... but in fact I'm already lost before the end of the first tutorial lesson in 3ds Max

To all : Do you know if something has already be done or written about new objects (...not planes) creation for Il-2 on this forum ?

Isn't cannon making new hangers for his channel map?

.... i believe Magpie can import in game just about anything regarding meshes ( as long as certain rules are respected)

regards
Z