[MOD] Slovakia winter map

Hi all,

When the Slovakia map was released with 4.09bm patch, i decided to make a winter version. I only made that map waiting for the final winter version by Slovakia map team.

Auto-installer: (The link is inoperative)
You MUST have installed 4.09bm patch to run this map.

[Image: sloxe0.jpg]

[Image: mbugedm01mf9.jpg]

Everything is from stock, the only thing i did is modifying some of the original files.
Modified files are: load.ini, ed_m01.tga, ed_m02.tga, map_F, map_M and the texture files.
No changes in actors.static, map_c.tga, map_c.tga.table, map_h.tga, map_t.tga, map_R, labels and text files.
There will certainly be updates for the map.
I decided to make the map in a new folder so when the final winter version from Slovakia Team comes out, you just have to delete the Mbug_Slovakia_winter folder and the all.ini entry.

To install: just run the installer ...done.
You should get this structure for folders and files:
-for the map: IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\MAPMODS\maps\Mbug_Slovakia_winter
-for the textures: IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\MAPMODS\maps\_Tex\winter\Mbug_texturename.tga

For those who want to have the winter default skins for aircrafts, just open the load.ini file (IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\MAPMODS\maps\Mbug_Slovakia_winter\load.ini) with notepad and replace:

[WORLDPOS]
CAMOUFLAGE = SUMMER

by:

[WORLDPOS]
CAMOUFLAGE = WINTER

I want to say that all the hard work was made by the Slovakia Team. I only altered some of their files. They made an amazing job for this map, it's one of the best map in the game.
You can get news of their winter version here: http://www.letka13.sk/forum/viewtopic.p ... start=1140
and here is a trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P5ipl7ReTk
As you can see, it is a wonderfull job, nothing to do with mine. So, big thanks to the Slovakia Team!

And many thanks too to AAA (and especially Fly_zo) for help and permitting a large and coherent diffusion of mods.

Feed-backs are welcome,
I hope you'll enjoy,

may-bug.

edited by fly_zo :

tested and approved for AAA UI v1.0

THANK YOU SIR!

What a gift! Thanks for sharing your great talent with the community. Big Grin

Edit: Just took a look at your new textures in XnView... Bloody brilliant!

Very good work !! Brillant !!!

A suggestion : you could divide by 4 the textures size by using indexed TGA (256 colors) without loss.
I used this format for all my new objects (hangars + fortifications).
Your texture 4097 ko ---> in indexed TGA : 1025 ko !!!

It's more fast to download (12,5 Mo instead of 50 Mo) , and very easy to use for low video cards and lower computers.

Please, all TGA used by the game must be in indexed TGA !!!!! Please, think about that.

WOW ... Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock:

thank you very

Yes thanks for the winter ,it 's an awesome map now made even better

Thank you

not bad, but better will be wait for original version with all things Smile

Okay then. You sit and wait. In the meantime, I will enjoy this gem to the fullest. :wink:

May-bug, are these textures permitted to be used on other maps too? Idea

It looks brilliant, thanks a lot !

Quote:not bad, but better will be wait for original version with all things
I'm too waiting for the final map ... That' why I decided to make the map in a new folder: we will just have to delete it and the entry in the all.ini when the full new map is released. I just didn't want to wait Wink lol;

@bee: the textures can be used with any map you want, just like stock ones.

@ R-One: It is a good idea, mainly for low-specs systems. I'll certainly release a set of reduced textures (512*512 or/and 256*256) but I'm busy now with my job and other map(s).

@ all: thanks for the kind words, waiting for some feed-backs from in-game tries, to know how the map works on different systems specs.

cheers,

may-bug.

top notch work !! Big Grin Big Grin

textures are amazing ..... already using them for my private winter maps collection

many , many thanks

Z

Great job, amazing work !

Thanks' a lot. :wink:

First class job, thx for sharing

Converting the "heavy" TGA files in say 512*512 format is very easy and takes less than 5 minutes with for ex "faststone image viewer" freeware, then this mod is resized from 101Mb to 45 Mb

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

http://www.faststone.org/FSIVTutorial.htm

Thank you very much for this beautiful winter map!

Here is a little bit winter feeling

few problems I noticed:

CAMOUFLAGE = WINTER, needed, sets default aircraft camo to winter

Tree0 = Trees\AlteredBush8aw.tga, needed winter setting for forest=3

after the correction it will be a kick ass map Smile thank you

Excellent work Mbug and thanks very much, it looks so real from the air and what a fantastic addition to the game, i can't see the official 4.09 patch winter map being any better than this (infact cant see the 4.09 patch at all) Big Grin