Inflight Music and Randomizer (IMR)

Inflight Music and Randomizer (IMR) allows you to randomize play order of music and to change music to various nationalities without the need to leave the mission.
IMR setup comes with USA WW2 music, additional nationality expansion packs are available.

http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&c=570

And don't forget the add-on packs
IMR Expansion Pack - Britain
IMR Expansion Pack - German
IMR Expansion Pack - Italian
IMR Expansion Pack - Japanese
IMR Expansion Pack - Polish
IMR Expansion Pack - Russian

405 views and no responses.... just curious has anyone tried this and if so what do you think?

Well,
I just downloaded today.
It looks pretty good to me.
When ever I fly I always have the drone of an engine or engines in my ear.
Some times you want to fall asleep.
Will be interesting to hear the Japanese music today.
I downloaded the British, Japanese and Italian expansion packs.

I've previously had some Glen Miller music but I think the ranomizer will be very good no screwing around during missions.

Happy New Year

Kirby
Chiang Mai

.... using this for quite some time now , works flawlessly and now with Fireball's music off/on key command its just perfect Big Grin

one of must have "unimportant" features for long PTO missions ....IMHO

cheers
Z

Been using it myself for about a year or so....
it's great, but i wish i could get the on/off hotkey to work.....it doesn't seem to work for me... Sad
IMR is a great addon for IL2, indeed!! Big Grin

It was something I would really have liked to have - it seemed great for creating an appropriate atmosphere for flying. But at first the program seemed a bit daunting to install and use. And I was wary of adding stuff to documents and settings - a real labyrinth if ever there was one ....

Anyway, inspired by these postings I made a (mental) effort and tried installing again, on this first day of a new year. And now it works!

So even though my experience so far has been a bit limited, let's say this is going to be one of those little additions to Il-2 that just makes it better and better. I can finally get a random playing of the Andrews Sisters while in the air or Zarah Leander or Lilian Harvey ...

Great stuff and thanks for all the members who posted their positive comments inspiring (or shaming?) me into trying to install it again - successfully.

bigbossmalone Wrote:, but i wish i could get the on/off hotkey to work.....it doesn't seem to work for me... Sad

hey m8 ,

conf.ini :
Code:
[Mods]
ToggleMusic=1
SeparateRadiatorOpenClose=1

settings.ini ( control settings )
Code:
Shift Q=Power20
Shift R=Power30

case sensitive ! ....and it works w/o problem here ...

Z
p.s. sorry for off topic ....

Still a bit OT, just let me know and i'll start a new thread :wink: ........
here's my conf.ini MODS section:
[Mods]
ToggleMusic=1
AirShowSmoke=3
SpeedbarTAS=1

Out of the 3 lines, only the smoke works - Music toggle and Speedbar don't....???
I've been getting several issues with mods lately, and I think CrazySchmidt has stumbled upon a possible cause/solution....can't find the thread right now, and i'm a bit thick-headed today.... :wink: :evil: after the party last night, but i think that particular issue could be the cause of many mod issues...
edit: ok, this link has CS's fix: viewtopic.php?t=10808&start=15&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
On page 2...

bigbossmalone Wrote:Still a bit OT, just let me know and i'll start a new thread :wink: ........
here's my conf.ini MODS section:
[Mods]
ToggleMusic=1
AirShowSmoke=3
SpeedbarTAS=1

Out of the 3 lines, only the smoke works - Music toggle and Speedbar don't....???
I've been getting several issues with mods lately, and I think CrazySchmidt has stumbled upon a possible cause/solution....can't find the thread right now, and i'm a bit thick-headed today.... :wink: :evil: after the party last night, but i think that particular issue could be the cause of many mod issues...
edit: ok, this link has CS's fix: viewtopic.php?t=10808&start=15&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
On page 2...

i honestly wouldn't know .... haven't got any such issue myself, ever

cheers
Z

I have a little programme from pre-mod days called IL2FBwav, which conveniently allows me to either play music for various nationalities or alternative little speech packs which, though not directly-related to the action, provide extra immersion.Is this facility related in some way?

Sorry for the delay in responding skyhigh

No not really. The ap you have switches different packs in and out of the InFlight folder.

This prog does the following

1) create multiple NEW folders; each with it's own set of music that you can call up and switch to from withing the game during flight. (usually with this ap it's best to leave the InFlight folder empty so you can switch OFF the music at any time) (this is expanded from BillFish's "Chaterpack Band-aid" and she deserves credit for this. I donated the Script and configured it and put together the packs)

2) Utilizing a VBS script BEFORE flight randomly renames the first three characters of the files names so that each time you run it the music is in a different play order (This only works if you run it BEFORE launching the game, as the game reads the file names only ONCE on startup - if you quit the game between flights (like in Hyper Lobby) and run it it will again randomize it next time you start)

love it mate! Big Grin