[MOD] X'Mas present from Freddy: P-51-D20 Cockpit

Quote:Freddy dont want to release his repaints to all can someone else make repaints of P-51s and the floor would look better black and there are bugs how can it be finish it is beta.Why get mad that people tell wats wrong with this repaint you should like it so you can make it better.
lol
Hsj43 , you are an edited by fly_zo: please do watch your temper and expressions !
Bugs on this cockpit ? Only a little fault in a placard on the main boad ... This placard was not present in the Oleg s cockpit , perhaps it was better for your eyes ....
The floor is not a bug .... Yes I can make it black , 5 minutes to do that , and 5 more minutes to transform the word " comsulyed " for " consulted "... But I m not sure I whant to do it for a guy like you ...
You flew from numerous years in the Oleg s cockpit and this cockpit was completly wrong !!!!
Mister Hsj43 , someone can make a better repaint ??? lol ... You perhaps ? Do it man !
First it s not a " repaint " , it s a scratch , totaly different from the original ...
If you make a repaint , please use your own cockpit , or the Oleg s cockpit , but not mine ... I will see the result ...
I hope you don t use my cockpit : too much bugs ! .... Keep the Oleg s cockpit
You are stupid , you don t need any more work from me
Sorry for the others ( and for my bad english .... )
Edit : It s the same for the P-51 B /C , if you make a " repaint ", you can t have the real cockpit , only a scratch can gives you the same as the real ...Good luck !!!

well i like your work Big Grin

When I saw this cockpit it almost made me start drooling its that good Confusedhock:

It looks more realistic IMO, But there, isnt what most of these arguments are about? peoples personal opinions?

But who am I to judge any way. I love this Pit repaint. Job well done chap ^-^

@ Freddy: Out of so many good comments and nice feedback your work has recieved you pick on one or two which suggest how your cockpit could be even better? Why? Haven't you seen other commets?

Or do you think that no one knows better than you? Confusedhock:

Insulting people won't get you no where, and it won't get you any respect either.

All we, who pointed out those small errors, want is to see your work get even better. There is no doubt that your cockpit is far superior to Oleg's.

Plust, not all of us (like you don't too) speek perfect english. So, some comments might sound a bit different than intended. Wink

Please don't take things so seriously, we love your work. Smile

Quote:All we, who pointed out those small errors, want is to see your work get even better. There is no doubt that your cockpit is far superior to Oleg's.
There is polite and respectful ways to ask something :wink: And first it s better to say thanks !
See that on a work of several months, the only thing that someone see is a fault in a little word on a placard is ridiculous !
As for the floor, the fact that it is not black is not a bug!!! All the photos that I saw had a natural wood floor ....
It s not a beta , but if you don t like it , don t use it ...
I hope someone will do a better work for the P-51D , but please do your own cockpit , don t use mine for your repaint
( I don t speak for all here , only for a few ... )

Believe me, I do know how it is to recieve criticissm after 5 month long work. (see french section, I posted some of my work there)

But sometimes you just have to take it.

How hard would it be for you to correct those miss-spelled words?

If we ask you politely... Big Grin Tongue

As for the beta - I'm sure it won't stay as 'beta' long. AAA team would be insane not to include it in the final release section.

Correcting that typos might help too. Wink

Best regards,

Thor

I did not remember why there is the word " comsulyed" but not " consulted " on my cockpit , I did this work several months ago ....
But I ve found .... 8)
Look at the pics below
It s the P-51D cockpit add On for FSX ( Flight Simulator X ) made by a little society ( Shockwave )
You have to pay 20 dollars to get this cockpit if I remember .... The word on the placard is " comsulyed " !
I used this because it s difficult to read the placards on the historical photos ...
But perhaps the P-51D cockpit add On for FSX is a beta ???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
[Image: sanstitreir7.jpg]
[Image: sanstitre2qa6.jpg]

lol...

Freddy check PM.

THAT is the 'consulyed' word you guys have been blowing your tops off about ? Confusedhock:

Gee, stick 'y' in any word or on any dial you fancy, just as long as it's on Freddy's splendid new pit !
The whole damn thing could be written in GERMAN for all I'd care, the rest of it looks fabulous.
Just as you wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, why would you spell check this superb pit ?

Cheers

Nico

PS : Useless piece of partly on-topic trivia : My last name is spelled with a 'T', but I have met a woman once whose name was exactly the same except it was spelled with a 'Y'. She had done some research and found out it was due to a mistake on a townhall clerk's part some centuries ago. His handwriting was so bad the 'T' looked like a 'Y' and so her family name was officially registered with a 'Y'. My point ? None, except that 'Ys' and 'Ts' aren't really that different visually speaking, so chill the frak out guys.

I swear... Only the IL2 community would get bent over something like that..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This cockpit is looking excellent, thanks a lot for sharing. Big Grin

I agree... my only complaint is that the lighted portions are too dark when you turn on the cockpit lights.. I prefer the original lighting.. but the pit is a work of art inspite of that and the typo..

I can't believe that no-one here has heard of the word "consulyed".

According to the Oxford English Dictionary:

Consuly - to rub vigorously with the tips of the fingers. To smear.

Regardless,Freddy was good enough to share his work here,against his judgement, and,because of a few who just picked holes in his work,as they seem to in every mod they see,looks like we won't see any more of his work.
A real shame,and a real loss to this site if thats the case.

Not only that... the "problem" is easy enough to rectify....

[Image: cockpit.jpg]

as to be a non issue. Fred the pit is a thing of beauty.. in fact it fits well into my "The Ds are my new birds from the upgrade..." fantasy... LOL.. (The misspelled panel is in TGA right4)

One thing though... Can you tell me which tga texture file is for the lighting effect? I would like to use the older one if I can but I have no idea how to get it our=t of the original file.

Also... I want to put my own pinup pic back in the pit...