[UPDATE] 20.12.08 New Realistic THUNDER Sounds! prs included

For those of you who like to fly in bad weather... :wink:

Download here: http://rapidshare.com/files/174994793/Thunder.zip

I have the collectors account, so don't worry about 10 limit reached :wink:

Please help me find the files that redo the way the lightning looks!! Sad I'm hoping to redo that next if anyone knows where it is.

UPDATE - 19.12.08: Now a correct path and a .prs files included!

New Mediafire Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=211c ... e6f5769aab

They do sound great! Nice work.
Now, where do I put them?

Sounds like a wonderful idea ... but where does one put the .wav files?

.. you should put the .wav files in the "SAMPLES" folder of your MODs folder

Mmmmm, I don't have a "SAMPLES" folder anywhere in my MODS folder.

Do you mean:

"C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\SOUNDMOD\presets\sounds"? I have a few 'Exploding' .prs files in there.

.. sorry, yes in the "sounds" folder (I am not at home at the moment ...)

Ahh, OK. Will do. Thanks.

I don't have a 'samples' folder in my Mods folder, nor do I have a 'soundmods' folder in my Mods folder either.

I have dozens and dozens of other folders from dozens and dozens of other mods ... but not those two.

So where do they go then? Or what else in the way of mods does one need to get them to work as intended?

agracier Wrote:I don't have a 'samples' folder in my Mods folder, nor do I have a 'soundmods' folder in my Mods folder either.

I have dozens and dozens of other folders from dozens and dozens of other mods ... but not those two.

So where do they go then? Or what else in the way of mods does one need to get them to work as intended?

exempel
u can create new folder in ur mod folder
like this IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\mod\newsound\samples
then put the sounds there.
or u look in ur IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 folder for a folder whit the name files, there shuld be a folder whit the name samples.

OK

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\files\Samples

MOD is LIFE!!

OK, now I'm confused. :? (nothing new here)

Does it go into a folder in MODS, (IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\mod\newsound\samples) or into IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\files\Samples?

Humm... we need know what is the name of file thunder to the game and do a preset... we need more help.

MOD is LIFE!!

Quote:Please help me find the files that redo the way the lightning looks!! I'm hoping to redo that next if anyone knows where it is.

I dont know if it s right but texture for the lightning should be "Hammer of thor"

i did find it a long time ago just messing around with sfs ...

The 'hammer of thor' files are found in 3do.sfs....there is a msh, mat and tga file.
The tga is probably the one you want to look at....
the path looks something like 3do\effects\fireworks\hammerofthor..... 8)
Hope you can work some magic.... :lol: :wink:

edit: I had a look at the tga, and it looks like a white dot?
Maybe the way the lightning works is defined somehow in the .msh file?
I'm not too sure, here....how do we open msh files? 3DSMax?

All IL2 sound mods go in " C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\files\Samples " or equivalent

This is a compatibility holdover from the first MODs setups. Maybe they will change it with AAAui v2