[MOD] B29 Alley new map

I had the idea seeing at the incredible new cockpit for B29 made by Ranwers

I thought it was a pitty we cannot fly from Saipan or Tinian to Nagasaki

... so I made a simple merge of four maps, Japan, Okinawa, IwoJima, Marianas... for those who like long distance flights

[Image: B29_Alley.jpg]

Official download link:

B-29 Alley Map

(Link updated)

Objects are the same than in original maps (simple merge) except for IwoJima for which I had to take off some things (no more airfields...) for technical reasons...

Please, don't tell me about wrong relative positions... it is fictionnal, but I tried to keep some reality

IMPORTANT: remember that in case you can't save a mission in FMB with this map, you can fix the problem by deleting (builder.PLMisDestruction) line in bldconf.ini. Don't try to open the map in unlocked FMB... even with an empty actors.static, it's to heavy for memory... you'll get a crash...

MERRY XMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

thanks for the map! and merry christmas for you too!

... tested and approved on AAA UI v1.0 !

many thanks for it m8 Big Grin

Z

can't seem to get the map to load,
freezes my game clicking on map in the FMB and I must use task manager to end program.

Is it possible to get just the western 75% of the map as a separate map?

I think a lot of guys will just want to do the Okinawa-Kyushu raids and will not be interested in the heavy bomber campaigns.

(Sorry to be such a pest).

Sky Master, I have occasionally had the same thing, but only the first time I tried to load the map. When I tried the second and subsequent times, the map loaded okay.

Hey Mandrill7

thanks for the info,
I have tried to load it several times with the same end result,it freezes my game.

thanx tho'

Delvpier, can I backtrack on my request above? I did the search I should have done before opening my mouth and found Fabian Fred's OJ beta map which is pretty much exactly what I want and with new textures and topography.

Oooops........

Got it this time....thanks!

So how many Hours! Does it take to get iwo jima to Nagasaki with a nuke under ur belly. Did i say nuke i meant Camera..errmmmmm...

It's about an hour to fly from Ie SHima to Kyusha in a P-38 at 300 kph cruising speed. Or about 7.5 minutes at 8x time compression with autopilot enabled.... (The ONLY way to fly long distance, unless you have a bottle of wine and a pretty stewardess!)

About distances and relative positions, pls remember it is fictionnal...

To be more realistic, I would have use a bigger container... probably not loadable for memory :roll:

Dude ever since mr jolly made the B-29 gunner positions, i always wanted a historical B-29 map to go with it where you take off from saipan and bomb japan and return home .your freakin amazingSmile

Hey look this map is a really big map to load in the il2. for the people that say that "when i click on the map in the game it freezes my computer and i have to shut down the computer and do it all over again"
no just click the map wait for around 40 seconds i guess and there you go Smile

Pre-message Apology: I, Rob W aka Stargazer (or rather StargazerWoods in these parts since somebody else beat me to it for the abridged version) hereby hunbly and sincerely apologise for asking stupid questions in all the wrong places and promise never to repeat such idiocracy here or on any other web-site ever again for as long as I live... I am learning... I'm just doinf it a a bit of a 'special' pace.

Now, on with my message...

I've had a bit of a hallelujah moment this evening and accidentally got DCG to work for me. Then I managed to perfectly replicate the accident making it almost something that I could understand. I do now have a rather severe headache from whooping with joy rather too emphatically so the being adept bit may have to wait a short while.

I now want to combine my newfound dcg skills with this mega-map. I have exchanged a couple of messages with Fly_Zo who very kindly linked me to another thread about a Malta map and while I admit that, individually, all the words in the Malta thread read okay, it's once I start looking at sentences that my eyes go all crossed, my frown deepens and I fall sideways of my chair with a glazed and frightened expression fixed on my face.

So, can I ask... For B29Alley, what needs to be referenced, where and in what manner for this mega-map to appear as a selectable scenario to play out in DCG.

Many thanks in advance,

Rob.

StargazerWoods Wrote:Pre-message Apology: I, Rob W aka Stargazer (or rather StargazerWoods in these parts since somebody else beat me to it for the abridged version) hereby hunbly and sincerely apologise for asking stupid questions in all the wrong places and promise never to repeat such idiocracy here or on any other web-site ever again for as long as I live... I am learning... I'm just doinf it a a bit of a 'special' pace.

Now, on with my message...

I've had a bit of a hallelujah moment this evening and accidentally got DCG to work for me. Then I managed to perfectly replicate the accident making it almost something that I could understand. I do now have a rather severe headache from whooping with joy rather too emphatically so the being adept bit may have to wait a short while.

I now want to combine my newfound dcg skills with this mega-map. I have exchanged a couple of messages with Fly_Zo who very kindly linked me to another thread about a Malta map and while I admit that, individually, all the words in the Malta thread read okay, it's once I start looking at sentences that my eyes go all crossed, my frown deepens and I fall sideways of my chair with a glazed and frightened expression fixed on my face.

So, can I ask... For B29Alley, what needs to be referenced, where and in what manner for this mega-map to appear as a selectable scenario to play out in DCG.

Many thanks in advance,

Rob.

Well, I'm really sorry but I've never used DCG... so I can't help for that, I have no idea for what to do to reference this map in DCG :roll: