Thread Closed

[MOD] AI Mod V.17 *UPDATE*

Cert AI Mod V.17

NEW VERSION

http://files.filefront.com/CERT+AI+MOD17...einfo.html

OR

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hkmwczzzwy..._MOD17.exe

To install, point the archive to your IL2 root folder, hit extract.

To uninstall, Just go into your "MODS" folder and delete the folder name "AI_MOD".

What does this do?

It changes the enemy pilot AI so that they perform defensive maneuvers besides the 360 degree roll.

The AI should now scissor vertically and horizontally, zig zag from side to side, attempt negative G redouts to foul up your shot, and perform an angled split S instead of constantly doing that 360 degree roll thing.

I also made changes to the pilot settings to simulate overheat and reduce their unrealistic advantage of always being perfectly trimmed.

And, a bunch of other stuff you can read about below.

It's pretty beta, I only have so much time on my hands to test this out on my own, so any bugs, suggestions or observations on how this can be improved are welcomed.

UPDATE .11:

- Added more variability to the maneuvers
- Changed pilot settings so their engine management varies by skill level (lower skill levels have slightly reduced highest throttle settings to reduce advantage of the AI having no overheat)
- (Hopefully) fixed takeoff bug with bombers in certain situations.
- Random chance of enemy aircraft not reacting if you approach from behind with a large energy advantage. This is to simulate the AI getting "bounced". Chance decreases as skill level of enemy pilot increases, almost no chance of this happening vs. an Ace.

UPDATE .12:

- More adjustments to the maneuvers
- AI will only use nav lights when taking off and landing

UPDATE .13:

- More adjustments to the maneuvers
- Head on attacks are favoured vs bombers for 109G6s and later, all 190s, p51s, p47s, p38s, F4Us, F6Fs, F4Fs, YAK9s. Bomber attackers should be generally more cautious, avoid 6 o clock attacks.
-AI will no longer begin defensive maneuvers at 300m, distance is randomized within a range.

UPDATE .14:

- Yet more adjustments to the maneuvers.
- Made changes to wingman aggressiveness.
- Made changes to bomber attacking behavior. After the initial headon, they should now attack from other angles, instead of just trying to work back into position for another headon. Also, the AI will sometimes now aim for engines in both headon, and other passes. Let me know if this is any good, I don't have a mission with a huge bomber formation to test this with.

UPDATE .15:

- Yet more adjustments to the maneuvers.
- JABOS will no longer drop bombs at the first sign of trouble. Depends on situation/maneuver.
- Nav lights now off for emergency landings.
- Bomber attacking behavior adjusted. New behaviors seemed to be causing trouble, they'll be readded when I figure out what the problem is.
- Toned down AI gunner ability. Ace level is the same, other skill levels have reduced accuracy.
- Hopefully fixed landing routine so wingmen don't crash into you (untested).

UPDATE .16:

- .15 was a bugfest. Takeoff and wingman AI behavior were messed up. Please upgrade.
- Added BNZ type aircraft specific attack functions
- AI Gunners are now toned down for AI aircraft only. AI Gunners on player controlled aircraft remain with default accuracy, even if co-op host is running AI mod. There's nothing that can currently be done about this.
- Aircraft will use landing lights in daytime.

UPDATE .17:

- Adjustments to AI attack code.
- Changed landing light behavior. Will only use nav and landing lights at night, and should now use Nav lights in landing pattern, switch to landing lights on final.

**** VERY IMPORTANT INSTALL NOTES ****
- IF YOU HAVE A DIRECTORY NAMED "CERT_AI_MOD" IN YOUR MODS FOLDER, DELETE IT. PREVIOUS VERSIONS USED THIS FOLDER. VERSIONS .15 AND UP WILL EXTRACT IT TO THE FOLDER NAME "AI_MOD" THE CORRECT FOLDER NAME IS NOW "AI_MOD".

- Make sure that you don't have "Carrier Take Off" and/or "Nav Lights Off for AI" mods installed, because they are in conflict with AI_MOD. If you have one or both of those mods rename it with '-' at the front of their folder (or delete them) or else the AI can't work properly. The Nav lights are fixed in the AI_MOD anyway, and the Carrier Take Off and AI MOD will probably be merged at some point down the road. But for now, it's one of the other.

If you experience a bug or something, please specify the type of mission: 'COOP' - 'ONLINE' - 'OFFLINE' - 'SINGLE' and how this mission was generated: by QMB - FMB - DCG, also the AI skill level.

Of course, if it's repeatable, and you want to make sure it gets fixed, send me the mission.

Of course, the more I do, the greater chance I break something, so let me know of any bugs/suggestions/observations!

Sounds great. Thx :wink:

We all know that the AI can see through clouds..can that be altered?

CPS_fraggmann Wrote:We all know that the AI can see through clouds..can that be altered?

Unfortunately, no. The ai will know where you are as long as your're within x metres from it. That distance "x" is dependent on the ai skill level.

Wow this will be a monumental mod if it works as you claim!

Can't test it for a while, so get on it everyone! :lol:

Will look forward to a review before I install...but it sounds like my kills will go down... 8)
Dietz

Nice! very pesty AI now.

I know that moders can do everything!

GREAT JOB "CERTIFICATE"

I know that will works!

many thanks Big Grin

Z

Indeed, many thanks !!
This is a most welcome, much needed mod!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Can it be un-done if we don't like it?

Oh. P.S. very nice, I want to give it a try...

chas1963 Wrote:Can it be un-done if we don't like it?

Oh. P.S. very nice, I want to give it a try...

Easily. Just go into your "MODS" folder and delete the folder name "CERT_AI_MOD".

Voila, back to the old ai.

Can you repeat the location of this mod?

:lol:

Excellent idea Certficate, can't believe nobody thought of that before ! Thanks a lot !

I fly offline exclusively, so I'll be testing it quite extensively over the next few days. I'll let you know how I find those changes you made.

Cheers

Nico

Tried notorious FW190 and they now behave !! :lol:
Looks like this is working like a charm .
Fantastic job !!

Sincerely,
HolyGrail Tongue
Thread Closed