FLushys Bumpification texture mod, for 4.08 BETA

Hello,

I'm a bit unsure if this is the right section, because this is a mod, that is for maps, but it doesn't need load.ini's and all that stuff.

It's a default texture mod, made to replace all the default textures on-line and off-line. in 4.08 (should work in 4.09 too)

The best part is that i found where the bumpmaps were in il2, so I made new ones, along with new textures, including new airfield texture.

Please download it and check it out, it's raher big, but I hope it will be liked by you guys. I don't think there will be any fps drops since the bumpmaps have always been there in il2, but not used to their max. now for example you can see shadows of trees that are in the texture, but when you get close to the ground, these trees will look flat, so I made a map that places a 3D model tree over the flat texture tree, when one is flying close to the ground.

http://www.johnwallin.net/site/misc/bum ... Beta_1.rar

Please follow instructions in the ReadMe file, it's is important that the folder "fb_maps" is directly in the mods folder, but if anyone gets it to work in another way, let me know.

Once again, this is without the load.ini's and the textures will replace the old ones in for example on-line maps as "net mountains" (shown on some of the screenshots.

Please let me know how it works, and post some feedback on this thread.

The textures are based on Handy's Chrimea textures and Compans Landscape textures, I'd like to thank them for releasing such fine textures, and it helped me a lot to create these new ones.

here's some screens to show what the hell I'm talking about Smile

[Image: online_t_000.jpg]

[Image: online_t_003.jpg]

[Image: online_t_007.jpg]

[Image: online_t_008.jpg]

[Image: online_t_010.jpg]

[Image: online_t_016.jpg]

[Image: online_t_017.jpg]

[Image: factory_001.jpg]

[Image: factory_002.jpg]

[Image: factory_003.jpg]

Flushy

Looks amazing, The name Barh, Is that you? Or some one else? Cause some one with the same name kept coming into the _RAAF vs HH match last week?

8) I always think IL2 Dev team should pay more attention on texture details, IL2 already have good structure, make more real and have more fun.
Thanks the great work!

One more question, is it also replace all 3rd made map textures?

Thanks for the fast replies.

HH_Cipher, sorry that is not me, I tok this screenshot when I was on-line and tried the textures out.

I usually fly under the name "SOB_FlushGarden" or "Plane_of_Pain" and also "Capt.FlushGarden" if I ever whined or took a snap at anyone, i'm sorry Smile

McWolf: yes, Il2 with this techology was ahead of its time, the bump maps are not like regular bump maps, because they CAST shadows, usually, regular bump maps only darken and lighten a texture, giving the impression that it's "bumpy" and (correct me if I'm wrong) doesn't really cast real shadows behind the bumps. but in Il2 they do

Flushy

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Now who needs BoB? Downloading, will report back.

Amazing work...thanks for this...I'm downloadin'.

A q: is this compatible with vpmedia's Default Map Upgrade pack v2.7 or GW_Winter Mappack?

....Uh ohhhh..... Flushy is back!!!! GREAT NEWS!
Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock:

Thx M8 Big Grin

HGuderian Wrote:Amazing work...thanks for this...I'm downloadin'.

A q: is this compatible with vpmedia's Default Map Upgrade pack v2.7 or GW_Winter Mappack?

I have no Idea m8, this one is for 4.08 and I think VP's is for 4.09. (though i think mine works for 4.09 too.

this is not actually a map mod, it's just a set of textures with the same names as the il2 original ones, that will pop up without any map files such as "load.ini" s

HGuderian Wrote:Amazing work...thanks for this...I'm downloadin'.

I use vpmedia's Default Map too, think FLushys's mod tree texture is too dark for overall map texture tone
VPmedia's tree texture, nice tree shadow.
[Image: grab0000ccctu2.jpg]

FlushMeister, tree and shadow are too dark
[Image: grab0000bbbhl0.jpg]

My quick tuned one, wish to check the difference, tree color should be little more green and yellow. also note the shadow is too dark, I didn't tune it yet.
[Image: grab0000aaawd1.jpg]

Wow....143MB...downloading now, I hope it doesn't bring my old jalopy computer to it's knees :lol:

1 question though i don't have a Il2 Sturmovik 1946/MODS/fb_map i do however have a ...1946/MODS/MapMods folder it contains a 3DO folder and a Maps folder. Or am i suppossed to make a fb_maps folder myself in the MapMods folder or the Mods Folder?? a bit confused here.

some help will be greatly appriciated.

Rowddy

Rowddy Wrote:1 question though i don't have a Il2 Sturmovik 1946/MODS/fb_map i do however have a ...1946/MODS/MapMods folder it contains a 3DO folder and a Maps folder. Or am i suppossed to make a fb_maps folder myself in the MapMods folder or the Mods Folder?? a bit confused here.

Rowddy
should be in Mods
1 class MODS
2 class |-Named mod folder
3 class |-3do etc folders

Rowddy Wrote:1 question though i don't have a Il2 Sturmovik 1946/MODS/fb_map i do however have a ...1946/MODS/MapMods folder it contains a 3DO folder and a Maps folder. Or am i suppossed to make a fb_maps folder myself in the MapMods folder or the Mods Folder?? a bit confused here.

Rowddy

No...do not make fb_maps folder yourself! Just extract the files to temp folder on your desktop. Then copy/paste the two folders to your MODS folder:

"Il2 Sturmovik 1946/MODS/fb_maps

"Il2 Sturmovik 1946/MODS/Flushys_Airfield_Textures

Thanks a lot for your replies

Best Regards

OK, I've officially been bumpified :lol:

After quick look in FMB to test:

Very nice look, and no framerate loss on my elderly 4 year old machine (2.5 gig/Radeon 9800)

I only flew Kurland online map so far, but noticed more trees right away - and the shadows look great leaning away from the sun. It is a noticeable improvement for sure.

The grass texture is definitely an improvement from the stock pattern...my only problem (not because of this mod) is that some of my smaller .TGA files are still the stock ones so that the new grass pattern only pops up as I'm landing...any ideas on how to fix this?