Where do map mods go?

I know this will probably label me stupid for asking, and I know what is said here in the forum - but - do the map mods go into IL2/Mods/Mapmods, or do they go into IL2/Mods/Mapmods/Maps? Or does it make a difference? Reason I ask is that this morning I downloaded a map mod and copied it into the Mapmods folder as stated in the readme. Then, for some reason, I looked at my Mapmods folder and therein was the folder Maps, and below that, the folder (of the map mod) that I had copied earlier. It wasn't included in the xxxx/Mapmods/Maps folder like all the other map mods.

As I asked, does it make a difference? Hopefully I have asked my question in at least a halfway intelligent way. Sorry if I didn't.

Thank you for the help.

Bob Holmes, individual maps go into IL2/Mods/Mapmods/Maps folder.

So, if your "IL2/Mods/Mapmods/Maps" folder contains a folder called Maps, any map inside it needs to come out.
Put them into the Maps folder at the end of this string: "IL2/Mods/Mapmods/Maps"

Clear as mud, right?

Basically, if the maps folder contains another maps folder, any map inside of "another maps folder" will not be seen by the game.

Now it's as clear as deep mud, right? Smile

I hope this helps, let us know, OK?

Yep, that is pretty clear - not! You gotta understand, I'm 66 yrs old and not very smart about computer stuff (or much else for that matter anymore).

But I am gonna go back in and look to see what I've got. I have done the QMBPlus thing and never have been able to get it to work. Maybe that was what was wrong there, you reckon?

Thank you very much for the response. We who are computer challenged salute you.

Hi Bob,
Your structure should look like this;
[Image: mapsstruct.jpg]

Sometimes when unpacking .rar files they don't end up where they are supposed to go, and are a pain in the you know where to sort out, so now I generally extract any rar/zip file to a temp folder (eg C:\extract) and cut and paste from there.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Quelty

Thanks a lot. I went back and looked and that is pretty much the way mine looks. This morning I downloaded a beta map called NWEurope. It was the only one that seemed to be out of place.

I was kinda hoping that I had screwed up where I put them so my QMB thing would work. I keep following directions, but never an get any of the missions to come up, even though I do seem to have all the maps (I think they came from the new UI). I put the pre made missions where I think they go, but....

Anyhow, can you answer one more question for me? Now that I (with your more than ample help) have determined my maps are pretty squared away, do they work with campaigns that I had previously loaded and started playing? Or, do they have to be modded campaigns such as Biggin Hill to show up? And how about single missions?

Thank you again for the help and advice. I'll stay at it.

Bob, check PM's :wink: