How edit statics of map to increase fps for medium computer

Hello,
I enjoy all the new maps all people from AAA are releasing and i thank them very much.

But unluckily for me, my computer (3500+ and medium graphic card) can not handle well
so beautifull maps as CanonUk channel ans some others.
I mean : i can play but fps are below 20 which make the game unpleasant to play.

I noticed while flying over those maps many many trees and i think that i can gain many fps if i just remove most (or all) of the trees.

I already searched on the AAA MAP forum and found the tool to do that :

Act.jar

In the readme.txt included in the zipfile of act.jar it is written :

Quote:USAGE
There are two commands than can be passed to this tool:
2.1) java -jar Act.jar extract
With this command the tool creates a number of out*.txt files
in format suitable for inserting in the mission files that
Il2 Mission Builder can read. More on that later.
is the actual name of 'actors.static' file.

But when i type java -jar Act.jar test.txt it says java is not known command and nothing happens.
Also i am not sure whar the author speak of with "il2Mission builder' is it the full mission builder of stock il2_1946 oranother one like a misterious one named Full missopn builder + or Unlocked FMB or any other ?

Please help Smile

open the load ini and put a ",2" after the low&midland textures, no trees will be generated(automatic)

Cheers VP handy tip m8 !

Thank for the tip but it was not what i needed : the trees we are talking about are statics, not automaticely generated.

Try this tool
(The link is inoperative)

You need to use actors tools first to extract the outbuildings.txt file from actors.static

Then use Out/In Building tool to remove specific object types.
Also allows you to partially remove specific objects ranging from 1 for every 2 to 1 for every 10

Then use the edited outbuildings.txt to create a new actors.static, using Actors Tools again.

Thank you very much Asheshouse !