Msh converter ... please help...

After converting the msh back into the game... how is it done exactly??? We cannot seem to get it to load in game... and don't know what we're doing wrong. I need help please, or a tutorial on what to do and how to work this... Sad

stupid question, but is it in the right folder?

i think it is as follows. You take the 3d max file and convert it to 3ds with deep explorer 5 (30 days free trial). do this by opeing in deep xplorer and select "save as and select file type extension .3ds. Then use mesh converter to select the 3ds file and select "convert to msh" or "save as .msh". Then use fatducks or one of the other exporters to export the msh back to its location. This is a very rough explanation, and i have only extracted and worked on .msh files, not imported them back to game so someone will have to help with a more detailed explanation. basically, reverse the process you used to work on the models in 3d max? Maybe im wrong, needs clarification from experienced moddler

*sigh* no. You are wrong. Close that book and never open it again.

You do NOT need to convert to .3ds when using FatDuck's converter, simply load the script, and select the mesh you want to export. Open the "Listener" Copy the text, and past it into a txt document, and save as a ".msh". Ensure your LOD's and Materials are correct, and you should have no issue.

Hello Magpie, A friend of mine is reworking the Msh of the 25mm ground AAA object. We have all the parts in the correct areas.

Reason I am giving more specific information is maybe you can point me in a more specific direction of what I'm doing wrong?

See my friend can open and edit the file no problem... its putting it BACK into the game that we have the issue of doing...

Got the right materials?

canonuk Wrote:Got the right materials?

What exactly do I need then? I figured all we needed was the converter to put it back.

You need to make sure that the mat files referenced in the original msh are again referenced in your exported mesh. The model folder also needs to have those mat files present, and necessary textures.