Last Call For Zimbotho

Shortly I'm going to work toward completion of the Zimbotho map. So anyone who's gone to the trouble of downloading the beta (you have been testing it, right?) this is your last chance to request features/changes.

Changes so far are some minor improvements of airfield visuals for Berberat, Goure, and Kousseri, plus additional object placement.

Possible to add more local hut villages? As we can't add animals at the moment, will be cool to see and visit local population.

Zimbotho ? Confusedhock: is it some real district, or fictional ?

I just want to say, that your map is beautifull!!
I can't think of any way of improvements.

Cheers,
Joppe

hi, is it possible to download the beta version?. If so, where?
thanks

I'll second what RealDarko said - possibly a few more hut villages? Maybe along the riverbank somewhere? I've spent a bit of time on this map, it definitely gives the feel of being over Africa somewhere. I've got a WIP campaign on this map, and yeah, a few more local villages would go down well. :wink:

Small villages are ok, I'll see to that. They won't be named however - I doubt most villages got that status, so only the established communities of relevance to the colonial powers will retain names (and that also declutters the map).

@Maxisonfire - The map is fictional, but based on a real world area albeit with some considerable artisitc license. It uses a reworked version of the Stalingrad terrain. Trust me, you'll barely recognise it.

@ftarquisa - The beta is on this forum. Do a search for Zimbotho and you'll see it. You'll also need to install my tarmac plates and LAL's Hangar 2 mod. Again, do a search, you'll find them.

Mayby "around WWI" version of map and airfields for colonial an "what-if" scenarios for OOF? Albatros over Zimbotho Tongue

A WW1 version? There'd only be two airfields on the map and both of those would be farm fields Big Grin

Is Beta 6.0 the last one?
Testing now.

I love the concept and loks of this map.

Ok, that about wraps it up for this Q/A session, no real issues, I say build it and we will come Wink

Ok, I undestand. So mayby there will be few old fashioned colonial forts with walls, and bastions, propably in main ports.

I

Winter textures? It snows in equatorial africa? Thanks for letting me know. I thought it was hot and sweaty all year round. Smile

No, a winter version will not happen.

I'll have a look at the river and try and see if I can get to become navigable.

It snows in equatorial africa?

Members are often so literal minded at times. Of course it doesn't snow in equatorial Africa, but neither is there a region called Zimbotho either. It's just a fantasy place and of course a great map to use for flying. One of the best as far as I'm concerned.

By changing textures to a winter scheme it might better not be called Zimbotho, but hey, who's not to say it isn't somewhere in the wilds of central Asia, a place called Zimbothostan for instance? A place where it burns in the summer and freezes in the winter ... ha ha

Seriously though, no matter about the winter textures, it was just a suggestion.