Take it! 2 stock Bf-109G6 new slots for modding!

This idea actualy came from (The link is inoperative)ptg.

It's just a pair of Bf-109G6's in their own new slots for anyone who wants to install mods without messing up the original aircraft.

They are defined as Bf-109G6 Mid, and Bf-109G6 Erla (for obvious reasons), but names can be changed to anything else by editing the plane_ru.properties file.

Each has its own cockpit so you can apply individual external and internal mods.

Download a pair of brand new G6's to trash!

Have fun.

Now I just wish I knew how to edit FM's. :lol:

Great, just made myself a G6 Trop on basis of one these 2 aircraft

is there a chance you might also make a new slot G-2 so we can have a Tropical G-2 as well for North Africa theatres?

Excellent work btw!

Thank you very much!

Maybe 109G6 in game is better than really was in RL, there isnt too much diferent from MW50 performace.
Cant wait for the day AAA do a unofficial patch to velocity, guns, acelerations....
Maybe after SOW.
Today the new slot planes are the solution, and we neeed more and more.

MOD is LIFE!!

I guess you mean the G-2, not the G-6!

The G-6 has been a DOG ever since its introduction to the sim and hasnt improved much from there. Both versions are undermodelled in practically every performance category. They are both around 10km/h too slow at altitude, their climb rate is much lower than should be, especially in relation to other aircraft such as the Spit IX, La5 and even the G-2 that was just 70kg lighter in real life. Their best turn time is ~2secs higher than the real thing and ~2.5 secs higher than the G-2 which again is just 70kg lighter! Actually the G-6 turns on default loadout ingame like a gondola equipped machine.

People always keep saying that the G-2 is overmodelled or even a UFO but when looking at real life performance numbers it is one of or even THE most accurately modelled Bf109 ingame!

Real life top speed after russian tests: 666km/h at altitude
Ingame: 666km/h

Real life turntime after russian tests: 20.0-20.5 secs
Ingame: 20.6

So where's that overmodelled!? Its just that the G6 is HOPELESSLY undermodelled and some of the other 109s are also undermodelled in various performance characteristic (109F turntimes for example)

i agree with karaya,it looks like the german fighters are usually the ones handicapped here,look at the 262!

Paulo Hirth Wrote:Thank you very much!

Maybe 109G6 in game is better than really was in RL

loooool :lol:

Great idea, we should have this for many planes. 8)

Behold, the Bf109G-6 Trop!

[Image: grab0004.jpg]

Only problem with it is that if you pause the game inside the cockpit and then switch to the outside view this will appear:

[Image: grab0005a.jpg]

The same issue is plagueing the "All Holes Solved" mod if I recall correctly but most interestingly this not an issue with the new version of the new slot Bf109F Trops that were released recently.

Now where is that new slot G-2! Smile 8)

Would it be possible to put floats on one of these, or make one of them a racer?

Asking because I can't and I don't know if these are against the rules or not.

Also, where is air.ini located? I can't find it in any of my folders.

Yeah, thanks again Muas. I have HunInTheSuns visual Mods applied to my 2 G6s as so:

[Image: n606415288_2693361_1374128.jpg]

109 junkies will note the Erla hood with the old tail. This is a standard G6 with an Erla hood applied retrospectively. The cockpit view reflects this also.

[Image: n606415288_2693363_389704.jpg]

109 junkies will further note the 'tall tail' with the classic canopy.

FMs/DMs are of course unaltered. Full credit goes to Muas and HunInTheSun.

@Karaya - any chance of getting hold of that G6 Trop? Big Grin I could use it for my Finnish selection for the standard G6. Checking modern photos of a few of the Finnish G6s, they had tropic filters...

@Tesla, air.ini should be located in:

....\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects\

Muas, while we've got everyones attention, is there any chance of doing the same for the G-10 and G-14 - but just one more for each? At the moment I am still using Fabian's G-10 for some more of HITS mods, and I know how you feel about me using the Aces! :wink:

Lastly, how difficult would it be to get these aircraft as statics? I notice that when mods are applied to flying a/c, they also apply to the static versions, so surely there must just be a text entry somewhere?

Cheers all.

Here you go

http://www.4shared.com/file/92580397/f4 ... 6Trop.html

Just put this into the 3do/plane/Bf-109G-6Mid or Erla folder

I've made myself 2 Tropical versions, one with the Early style canopy and one with the "Erla Haube"

Karaya Wrote:I guess you mean the G-2, not the G-6!

The G-6 has been a DOG ever since its introduction to the sim and hasnt improved much from there. Both versions are undermodelled in practically every performance category. They are both around 10km/h too slow at altitude, their climb rate is much lower than should be, especially in relation to other aircraft such as the Spit IX, La5 and even the G-2 that was just 70kg lighter in real life. Their best turn time is ~2secs higher than the real thing and ~2.5 secs higher than the G-2 which again is just 70kg lighter! Actually the G-6 turns on default loadout ingame like a gondola equipped machine.

People always keep saying that the G-2 is overmodelled or even a UFO but when looking at real life performance numbers it is one of or even THE most accurately modelled Bf109 ingame!

Real life top speed after russian tests: 666km/h at altitude
Ingame: 666km/h

Real life turntime after russian tests: 20.0-20.5 secs
Ingame: 20.6

So where's that overmodelled!? Its just that the G6 is HOPELESSLY undermodelled and some of the other 109s are also undermodelled in various performance characteristic (109F turntimes for example)

Yes, you are rigth Karaya, 109G2 is very uber, but wath you say about Ta152C?

MOD is LIFE!!

No it's not, read what I wrote!

Btw, before I forget, Muas would you be interested in making 2 new slot Bf109Es with custom FMs? I've got FMs for an E4/N and E7/N ready to go, they just need to be implemented into the game in a new slot!

Performance specs are:

DB601N engine, 1200PS at takeoff

490km/h at sea level, 590km/h at 5000m

Would be great to have the E4/N as a clean fighter and the E7/N with loadouts (drop tank, bombs,...). If you're interested I can send you the necessary FM and EM data via email or other!