What is the procedure for installing new a/c now?

I didn't d/l the UI 1.1 package, as I wanted to be selective about the mods I installed and didn't wish all the mods that came with the pack.

I've held off installing any new a/c since the UI was introduced as the procedure for installs has clearly changed and I didn't want to crash my computer.

So what are all these "buttons"? Where do they go? How do they work? And what else do I need to know to avoid distaster?

a button is a button but in france they call it le bouton.

Installing a new a/c is very easy if you read the instructions. You can find those instructions in all topics belonging to new a/c.

Before installing a new mod I always make a copy of my actual game. This means: Go into your sturmovik game folder. Copy all files and place them in a new folder somewhere else. So if something is going wrong with your mod you still have your old version.

Your computer never will explode with a new aircraft. Even if Mr. Jolly and Hunin are sitting in TS and they are screaming "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!" Confusedhock: :-D (ok insider :rollSmile

Here is an example of an installation guide

Quote:You will need either SOUND_MOD or MOD-Activator first before you download this

THIS MOD SUPPORTS THE UNIFIED INSTALLER

PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY

1. First make sure have downloaded & installed this first !
Download > wrapper.exe

2. You must then make sure you download & install this
it will ask you for your Sound Mod version or wether you use Mod Activator or Unified installer
Download > AC_INSTALLER_v3_0.exe

=====AUTOMATIC-INSTALLER=======================================
Download > airforceone_IL2-MOD.exe
====================================================================

=====UNINSTALLER=================================================
Download > airforceone_ver1_0.exe

=====DONATE (Optional)============================================
Click here & help AAA keep going AD-Free & help develop Mods further

IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES PLEASE SEARCH WITHIN YOUR MODS FOLDER FOR 'BUTTONS' FILE.
THE ONLY LOCATION THE BUTTONS FILE SHOULD BE IS ....
IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\files\gui\game\
IF IT IS ANYWHERE ELSE YOU SHOULD REMOVE IT & INSTALL AC_INSTALLER

IF YOU CANT SEE YOUR NEW AIRCRAFT PLEASE SEARCH WITHIN YOUR MODS FOLDER FOR FOLDERS 'AIR_INI' + 'PLANE_RU_P' + 'WEAP_RU_P'. THESE FOLDERS SHOULD NOT BE THERE PLEASE DELETE THEM

Such an installation guide is very clear. Just do what the installation guide is telling you.

i asked this question also once and i was told that the AC installer was not longer needed in the latest UI version. So do we need now or don't we need it? Now i'm a bit confused lol

I would think that the AC Installer would still be needed for any new aircraft, with it's own new slot, developed since UI 1.1.

What the installer does is to update the files such as buttons and .ru, which are needed to integrate the new aircraft into the game without causing it to crash.
Beta versions of planes may not need the installer, since they usually replace an existing plane in it's slot, but they may still require hand editing of other files to make them work properly.

Perhaps someone with more inside knowledge of this could step in and correct me if I'm wrong in my understanding?