[MOD] New Palm tree textures

Hi all, here's a new set of textures for the palm trees in game. This simply changes the textures for the stock trees, so FPS and everything else shouldn't be affected. anyway, hope you enjoy them!
Some screens:
[Image: p.jpg]

[Image: p2.jpg]

[Image: p3.jpg]

[Image: palm2.jpg]

and the links:

http://files.filefront.com/Jaypack44+Pa ... einfo.html

http://www.mediafire.com/?xkythmnztdz

Excellent JayPack!

Was watching this in the other thread.

Will check them out tonight for sure.

Thanks

8)

thank you JayPack. i'll install them and post some screenies of them on the NGNB map.

Thanks guys! Thrud, I'm really looking forward to those screens ! Big Grin

Friction Wrote:Again mate, good job on these. They look really stunning! Too bad the tree trunk map is stretched so bad, otherwise I'm sure you'd be able to put that stock tree trunk to shame. Big Grin

About the mapping, yeah, I'm still trying to figure out a way to make it look better. I've been really busy with college lately, but spring break is next week, so I'll have some time to try to work out some better textures. I'm thinking about doing a couple alternate versions, with different trunks and leaves as well, so keep an eye out for those in the near future too Smile

8) Now thats what Im talkin about, Cheers.

Any fps hit? I love them!!!!

... fantastic

many thanks
Z

Nice ...thank you Tongue

Top notch work ! Just in time before my JG27 DGen career moves on to Africa Big Grin

Cheers

Nico

Thanks for these great texturers Jaypack44

Could you describe how you did this??

I'm trying since weeks to make new textures for stockobjects - no luck nothing ever shows up in the game although the paths are correct and tga's are saved as 32bit like it is recommended . . .

Any help is welcome

Thanks and greetings

Karstele

Just curious ..will this replace palm trees already in the various missions or only in missions I build in FMB? If they do replace all the palm trees which pattern do they use or can I specify? :?: :?:

@ karstele: (sorry it took me so long to reply to you... I hope you got the problem solved since then...)
Well, I didn't do anything special... I just extracted the relevant files from the SFS archives, and edited the textures. Make sure you keep the filenames and resolutions the same. sometimes changing the resolution (e.g. using 1024 instead of 512 textures) works, sometimes it doesn't, I'm not really sure why... Also, if you're using GIMP like I do, you have to make sure you uncheck "RLE compression" when you save the file. Other than that, I'm not sure why they wouldn't work.

and Dietz, yes, these will replace the stock trees in existing missions, but the trees will still be the same shapes. The mod only changes the textures, not the models, so you will have the same types of trees as before, they will just look better Wink

Confusedhock: Big Grin

THESE trees look much much better.
THANKS !!!

Both links dead.