[MOD]Forgotten Countries v1.02: 58 nations w/squads&mark

Don't work. crash at 60%.
before installing il-2 worked

3dwa21

Quote:Don't work. crash at 60%.
before installing il-2 worked
Forgotten Countries was tested with various mod setups and should work with most configurations. You seem to have a conflict somewhere. Follow closely the instructions on the readme and disable any other mod dealing with ingame markings.

OK, for those having problems with the 60% crash, install the v1.01 update.

Have you fixed the online compatibility issues with new countries...?

RAF_Magpie Wrote:Have you fixed the online compatibility issues with new countries...?
No, I'll see what I can do about that.
For the moment, when going online, don't choose a new country for your plane, or only people with the mod will be able to see you.

Here's an odd one for ya - Installed this mod as per instructions - ctd @ 60%, oops, forgot to do the bit about McWolfs decal shine (regiments.ini), ok fixed that now game won't even fire up - so I thought maybe one of the ac was causing the problem so disabled all the ac folders in this mod - still game won't even fire up, nada nothing - task manager doesn't show il2fb.exe in process tab....hmmm disabled Forgotten_Countries and all works ok, so I start to enable the ac folder one by one and test - problem with Polikarpov_Pack_beta, so disable it - all ac folders back in action and disabled Forgotten_Countries and all works well. IL2 still won't fire up with Forgotten_Countries folder enabled.

Hmmm what to do... come here and see post about latest buttons file (which I have) and deleting class file from Forgotten_Countries folder (which I did), IL2 still refuses to fire up if I have the Forgotten_Countries folder enabled. Obviously I've got a conflict with some other mod, trouble is I've just about downloaded every mod known to man from this site and it's gunna be a right royal pain in the proverbial to track down which one is in conflict.

Ah well we'll see what the update package tomorrow brings

Cheers

Quelty

sanka Wrote:
rockyalexander Wrote:60% crash to desktop :?
Are you sure it comes from this mod? ie when you disable "Forgotten_Countries" does IL2 load correctly?
Also what is your mods setup? UI 1.1?

It never crashed before I installed this mod. I deleted the previous new countries and markings versions then installed the new mod. Now crashing at 60%.

Just deleted the Forgotten Countries mod, and still getting the crash. What do you suppose went wrong?

Quelty Wrote:Here's an odd one for ya - Installed this mod as per instructions - ctd @ 60%, oops, forgot to do the bit about McWolfs decal shine (regiments.ini), ok fixed that now game won't even fire up - so I thought maybe one of the ac was causing the problem so disabled all the ac folders in this mod - still game won't even fire up, nada nothing - task manager doesn't show il2fb.exe in process tab....hmmm disabled Forgotten_Countries and all works ok, so I start to enable the ac folder one by one and test - problem with Polikarpov_Pack_beta, so disable it - all ac folders back in action and disabled Forgotten_Countries and all works well. IL2 still won't fire up with Forgotten_Countries folder enabled.

Hmmm what to do... come here and see post about latest buttons file (which I have) and deleting class file from Forgotten_Countries folder (which I did), IL2 still refuses to fire up if I have the Forgotten_Countries folder enabled. Obviously I've got a conflict with some other mod, trouble is I've just about downloaded every mod known to man from this site and it's gunna be a right royal pain in the proverbial to track down which one is in conflict.

Ah well we'll see what the update package tomorrow brings

Cheers

Quelty

I confirm: problem with Polikarpov_Pack_beta. I disabled it and now I'm not getting the crash. I haven't yet tried reinstalling the Forgotten Countries mod.

UPDATE: Crashes with FC mod enabled.

dzial0... Poland (Axis) is just Poland Blue sided, as there are other countries now available on both sides !!!

Useful for Cold War scenarios, for example...

Avoir la foi, c'est être plus sûr d'une chose que la raison ne le permet.

Many thanks for this sanka, an excellent mod.

Wouldn't it be sensible to add in the 1st post explicit instructions about using this online? Invisible planes are a tricky adversary.

whole lot of new countries!

Same problem with me; downloaded mod, follwing all instructions (remove regiments.ini from McWolf etc., delete escadres et pays, new markings). Crashed at 60%. Installed the U.I buttons patch according to instructions, nothing again. Deleted forgotten countries mod, reinstalled escadres et pays, new markings plus MacWolf/regiments.ini and the game still crashes at 60%. Any ideas anyone?
Thanks for your assistance,

cgagan Wrote:Same problem with me; downloaded mod, follwing all instructions (remove regiments.ini from McWolf etc., delete escadres et pays, new markings). Crashed at 60%. Installed the U.I buttons patch according to instructions, nothing again. Deleted forgotten countries mod, reinstalled escadres et pays, new markings plus MacWolf/regiments.ini and the game still crashes at 60%. Any ideas anyone?
Thanks for your assistance,

Do you still have .../mods/Polikarpov_Pack_beta folder? If so delete it.

Cheers

Quelty

I deleted it alright. Nothing!

Neither link works for me. The title page redirects me to a web filter which I can't do anything about. The later alternative link doesn't allow me access.

Sad