[Beta] Random Splash Screen Cycler

That's ok, m8. I'll keep working on it and find where I've botched something in the install.

Thanks again for your great Mod and all your time in helping me. I've already got a good library of screens to use and enjoy because of this. Big Grin

Strider,
As able72 says, looks like it should work - my only thought (2 actually) is maybe you have inadvertently added a space at the end of your set root line. To check open up your bat file and click at the start of the set root line and while holding down the Left Shift key, press the End key this will highlight to the end of the line.

Should look like;
[Image: bat.jpg]

This is what it will look like if there is a space - note highlighted bit goes past the end of 1946
[Image: bat1.jpg]

If that is the case then delete the spaces.

My other thought was did you copy and paste the set root line info in or type it in - if you typed open windows explorer and navigate to your il2root folder and copy and paste the info from the address bar at the top. Not saying you mucked it up if you typed, it's just that I have on numerous occasions in the past typed stuff and reckoned it's right and it hasn't worked and when I copy and paste it did.

Cheers

Quelty

Hi, Quelty!

Tried both of your ideas but no joy.

There was no space at the end of the set root command. I copied and pasted the address bar (apparently not case sensitive in the command as it works as before---no cycling of the loading screen but it starts TIR and the game, campaign mission loading screen does cycle).

Thanks for taking the time to help out, m8. Learned a couple of tips I didn't know before.

Cheers!

hey no probs Strider, it's got me bloody intrigued now :lol: If it is cycling the mission one but not the main screen then by a process of elimination it doesn't like something in this lot;

cd %root%\MODS\SplashScreen\GUI\Screens
RANDFILE *.tga background.tga

::Fix the SplashScreen name
:: Due to 8 chars MS-DOS limit, the name is too short
move backgrou.tga "%root%\MODS\SplashScreen\GUI\background.tga"

As a bit of a test you could copy the text below and paste into a file and call it test.bat and put test.bat in your ...SplashScreen/GUI/Screens folder. In your ...SplashScreen/GUI folder rename background.tga to whatever you want and then double click on your test.bat file. This should put a background.tga file in your ...SplashScreen/GUI folder.

If that works copy the text replacing the top bit in your batch file.

Got me fingers crossed for ya :wink:

Code:
set root=E:\Ubisoft1\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946

Oh JOY!!!

Working now, m8! Thank you so much.

You wouldn't happen to know the correct names of the .exe's for TeamSpeak and TeamSpeak Overlay. Then this will be a one-click to fly operation, as able72 intended.

Have a great day!

Good to hear that the cycler is working now Big Grin Dunno about TSO but for teamspeak it's teamspeak.exe, however when I added it to the batch file it kept returning an error message about windows not being able to find the exe. However there is more than one way to skin a cat :lol:

In windows explorer navigate to your teamspeak folder and right click on teamspeak.exe and select the create shortcut option. Move the "Shortcut to TeamSpeak.exe" to your ...mods/splashscreen/GUI/screens folder and then rename it to "ts" with out the " "

add this to your batch file;

Code:
Rem Start Teamspeak
start ts

Test, should work (did for me)

The same process should work for TSO (I don't have it to test)

Cheers

Quelty

Hi, Quelty!

All is well with your technique. Another fine tip to know.

Thanks, m8!

Quelty Wrote:hey no probs Strider, it's got me bloody intrigued now :lol: If it is cycling the mission one but not the main screen then by a process of elimination it doesn't like something in this lot;

As a bit of a test you could copy the text below and paste into a file and call it test.bat and put test.bat in your ...SplashScreen/GUI/Screens folder. In your ...SplashScreen/GUI folder rename background.tga to whatever you want and then double click on your test.bat file. This should put a background.tga file in your ...SplashScreen/GUI folder.

If that works copy the text replacing the top bit in your batch file.

Got me fingers crossed for ya :wink:

Code:
set root=E:\Ubisoft1\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946

Ok, pleased everything got to working.

but I'm buggered if I can figure out what you changed that made it work.

Coud you point it out to the blind so that I can incorporate the fix into the mod?

lol didn't change anything as such - just copied/pasted from mine and added his set root line - I suspect Strider may have gotten and extra space at the end of the cd %root% line (got him to check set root line but not cd %root% line), all good and he's a happy chappy now Big Grin

Cheers

Quelty

PS If anyone is interested in getting their Teamspeak to login to their favourite channel automatically, some info here -> http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.p ... readid=827 especially post by Dutch_com_freak

I tried a lot of different batch file command lines but this one is the only one which works.
Note: You CANNOT get 'randfile.exe' to run under Vista unless you keep the file name under 8 characters! See below. AND you must put "2" spaces between the randfile.exe and "*.tga" AND "2" spaces between "*.tga" and "xxxxxxxx.tga". Where the X's are your new file name. See below.

In addition to this I could NOT get randfile.exe to look more than 1 folder deep from the root directory. Hence the "zzz" folder in the root. This is just the main start up screen. I am working on the mission screens, but it will take a little longer.

I hope this helps. Just copy and paste everything below @echo on to a notepad file and save as "whatever_u_like.bat"

Yea! I have contributed something! Big Grin

My batch file command code:

@echo on

REM CREATING THE NEW BACKGROUOND
C:\RANDFILE.EXE C:\zzz\*.tga C:\zzz\new.tga

REM MOVING AND RENAMING THE NEW BACKGROUND
move new.tga "%root%\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\SplashScreen\GUI\background.tga"

REM CHANGE TO ROOT DIRECTORY
CD\

REM CHANGE TO GAME DIRECTORY
CD\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946

REM START GAME
START il2fb.exe

anyone else with Vista having these kinds of problems?

If so, it looks like we may need to have two version of the mod. One for Vista Users and one for non Vista Users.

Wish I could offer some help, but I have absolutely no experience with Vista.
My momma tole me Vista is the debil. It is EEEEEEVVIIIIIIIIILLLL. Wink

Copied my game over to my son's computer - OS is Vista Home Premium and had no troubles at all running the script as is.

Tried it with root as D:\Games and C:\Program files\ - worked in both scenarios, which surprised me given all the problems you hear about Vista and executing stuff in C:\Program Files.

@danimalhanke - you don't have a set root line in your script?

Cheers

Quelty

Quelty Wrote:Copied my game over to my son's computer - OS is Vista Home Premium and had no troubles at all running the script as is.

Tried it with root as D:\Games and C:\Program files\ - worked in both scenarios, which surprised me given all the problems you hear about Vista and executing stuff in C:\Program Files.

@danimalhanke - you don't have a set root line in your script?

Cheers

Quelty

Thanks.

Anyone else with Vista can confirm a smooth opperation? or are you having difficulties as well?

Last Call. . . . Looking for Bugs before I submit as the final version. . . .

I didn't have to set root as the batch and tga files folder are located on the root. i.e. c:\XXX.bat and c:\TGA files folder.

I suppose other might get it working differently in vista, but no 2 vista install are the same. I'm un-lock so much vista security stuff to make it more like xp. I'd use xp but gateway desn't provide any drivers for my machine if it's running xp! Cry